• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Courier Compensation, Not enough to cover refunding my customer AND loss of item

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courier Compensation, Not enough to cover refunding my customer AND loss of item

myHermes (I know, I know) have lost parcel number 49, after 48 successful items prior to this.

They have admitted it;

Dear James,
    We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to locate your parcel.

Should you wish to submit a claim, please complete the following online form:

Lost claims form

In addition to this online form, please provide the following information in order for us to assess your claim;

• For items sold on eBay, please provide the eBay item number
    • Proof of value e.g. PayPal receipt/invoice (Not required where eBay item number provided)

Please submit your claim within 14 days of this email. Note; if no response is received, we will assume you no longer wish to pursue this claim and your incident will be closed.

If you choose to refund your customer before this claim is finalised, then you must do so at your own risk. Should your parcel be located, it will be delivered as per your initial instructions, and the claim rejected.

On receipt of a completed claim, we will review the information within 14 working days and contact you again.

Kind regards

Ishtiyak Shaikh

Customer Service Advisor
    myHermes Customer Services
    So I completed the form, actually, most of it was completed automatically (such as the price), as it was an eBay item.

Now, they've reviewed the claim, and I've just received the following;

Dear James,
    We are pleased to confirm that we have today accepted your claim for £ 24.78.

• Selling price: £ 22.00
    • myHermes postage: £ 2.78

Please allow 7-10 days for the payment to be processed back to the payment method you initially used to book your parcel.

You will receive a further email confirmation when your claim has been completed.

Kind regards

Dollarem D’mello

Customer Service Advisor
    myHermes Claims Department
    The problem here is that I obviously have to refund £22 to my customer.

So ultimately, I am £22 (ish) down, as I have no "refund" or product to show for it. I should perhaps mention that I did not pay for additional compensation, as MyHermes provide £50 cover as standard (if not standard, thats what cover was on my shipment).

Is this right? If so, it's a bloody con!

James
    Last edited by Vini; 29th November 2014, 16:27:PM.

Re: Courier Compensation, Not enough to cover refunding my customer AND loss of item

Originally posted by Vini View Post

The problem here is that I obviously have to refund £22 to my customer.

So ultimately, I am £22 (ish) down, as I have no "refund" or product to show for it. I should perhaps mention that I did not pay for additional compensation, as MyHermes provide £50 cover as standard (if not standard, thats what cover was on my shipment).

Is this right? If so, it's a bloody con!

James
    how so your customer paid you £22 Hermes paid you £22 = £44
    you give
    £22 back to your customer leaves you with £22 which was the Selling price.
    Don't let them grind you down

Comment

Re: Courier Compensation, Not enough to cover refunding my customer AND loss of item

Don't understand why you think you are out of pocket.
      Presumably the purchaser paid you for the item and you still have that payment (ie have not returned it to purchaser).
      So if courier reimburses you for the item, you refund the purchaser.
      All square?

crossed with Vanman!

Comment

delete: read OP post as lost 49
        Don't let them grind you down

Comment

You guys are right. My heads not in the right place... I did think my maths could be to blame

MyHermes get a bad rep, but I've sent 48 items without a hitch, it's just parcel 49 went AWOL. Nothing to do with compo level...

Comment

Nice cup of tea and Biccie . then check your calculator someone hasn't slipped a wrongulator have they?:tinysmile_twink_t2:
            http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Ycp9CgGAO_GYdw

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X