• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

info on company that has gone bankrupt and started a new company ie new skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on company that has gone bankrupt and started a new company ie new skills

hi would like some information for my son who entered into a credit agreement less than two months before the company went into liquidation. Since then, the company has been formed under another name and have been harassing my son for outstanding monies, even though, no credit agreement has been been signed for with the alleged new company. As far as I'm concerned the agreement was with previous and therefore does not exist anymore so this makes the credit agreement null and void. Also, they have taken money under false pretence which I feel is misleading. any feedback would be appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: info on company that has gone bankrupt and started a new company ie new skills

If a company goes into liquidation the winding up is done by a liquidator who is responsible for collecting outstanding assets (money, debts, property etc), realising their value and distributing the proceeds to creditors.

WAS the company a private limited company?
    Was the credit agreement with the company or a finance house?

The agreement will not be "null & void", but unlikely it is due to the new company.

Comment

Re: info on company that has gone bankrupt and started a new company ie new skills

you would need to know details of the liquidation, i think they are available online, just can't remember.

But generaly, the debts,credits would be sold to the new company by the liquidator/trustee, It would not make a difference to the agreement he entered, there is probebly a part about transfare in there.

There may be some curcumstance were the debt isnot owed to the new company, but the debit would still be owed, to other creditors or liquidators

this should help

http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/companies/howdoisearch
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

I did not think a liquidator would sell the debts to a new company who would buy a debt and pay it?

Comment

Hi walseman, i meant clear debt at agreed % then could deal with credits due, like if you place your own business in LIQ and then take it out, after negotiating with creditors. Am not sure this, was just general opinion, but i did explain it wrong.. The OP did not put up much deatil so i was just giving a general oppionion..
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

That would be in an ideal world reality is new company no debts paid stock and equipment brought for a pittance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X