• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Damaged sofa on the never never

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged sofa on the never never

Hi all,
    I'm posting this on behalf of my sister, now I'm pretty sure that she is entitled to the sofa to be replaced or repaired but wanted to get the correct wording for her,
    She purchased a corner sofa from a lender (Mutual) around 6 months ago and pays weekly for it, however her two end cushions that you sit on have gone flat and are sagged in the middle, obviously these are the two main areas that are sat on but I would have thought for a sofa that is well over £1k in price and only just over 6 months old it should not be doing this,

Can anyone tell me how she should approach this problem and if there is any certain words that she can use/say to make it sound like she knows what she's talking about,

Thanks in advance x
    Tags: None

Re: Damaged sofa on the never never

Bump x

Comment

Hi Shirley, has she approached the sofa supplier yet and can you tell me if the credit agreement for it is through the supplier or another source.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

She hasn't approached them yet, she wanted to be forewarned incase they tried to fob her off, and I'm assuming the credit agreement is with the company (Mutual) there abit like bright house ect give you goods or small loans ect and let you pay weekly x

Comment

If the goods are of of unsatisafactory quality after a period of only 6 months then she is entitled to a repair, replacement, partial refund or price reduction. If the goods have been purchased under credit agreement then depending on if the supplier of the goods also supplied the credit or not she may be able to claim under section 75 of the consumer credit act. Others will be able to explain this further and with more confidence than me.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X