• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need consumer credit lawyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need consumer credit lawyer

I need a consumer lawyer to look over my so called loan and credit card agreements to see if there are any faults with it. I want to be able to legally wipe off the money the bank say i am owing. Are you able to suggest a way forward for me? Either a way you can help or a way i can help myself or suggest a consumer credit lawyer that can help me within the UK?

Re: Need consumer credit lawyer

I have forwarded this on to someone to look at for you, they are quite busy so please be patient
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thank you. Bless you

Comment

In the mean time, why not give more details.
        I am sure that there are people on here who could help, there is a wealth of experience among regular posters regarding consumer credit issues.
        It is after all what this forum is for, at lest that was my understanding.

Comment

The most important question will be:

Were the agreements signed prior to April 2007?

Comment

Yes the agreements were signed prior to 2007. I have asked them for originals. They could give me photo copies of the originals of the credit card agreements with only my wet signature. They gave me a reconstituted copy of one of the loan agreements and no copy for the other. I still have all the original terms and conditions given to me. Also sorry im quite new how do i give thanks for help?

Comment

Hi

Do you mean your wife's signature rather than 'wet'?

Sorry, just trying to get the facts!

Can you scan what they have provided and post here, minus any personal details?

Thanks

Comment

You also need to be aware that even if the agreement is unenforceable, whilst they are unable to take it to court, they can still write demanding payment

Of course, if you don't mind ignoring these letters that won't be a problem

Comment

When were the last full payments made for each of the alleged debts?

Comment

I am still paying to remain in honour. I was told i need to remain in honour to claim my credit agreements as security. I need to have ' clean hands'. Will rescan the documents, take personal details out and upload them. A wet ink signature is a live signature rather than an electronic signature.

Comment

Yes we could do with seeing the signed agreement, to see if there are any of the prescribed terms on there. As said ensure to redact any personal information before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Peace123 View Post
                        I am still paying to remain in honour. I was told i need to remain in honour to claim my credit agreements as security. I need to have ' clean hands'. Will rescan the documents, take personal details out and upload them. A wet ink signature is a live signature rather than an electronic signature.
                        Not sure what you mean here.
                        Just to clarify what ncf355 has said.

At best, all the failure of correct execution of the agreement will do is render it unenforceable in court.
                        The debt will still be owed even so, and you will still be defaulted if you cease payment and may still be pursued for repayment, you will still also get a default marker on your credit file.

The only difference is that they will not be able to pursue repayment through the court.

Comment

Originally posted by Peace123 View Post

Sorry?

Remain in honour?

Is this for religious reasons?

Have you kept up the required minimum payment at all times?

Comment

Hi Peace, unfortunately the people we have dealing professionally with CCA agreements already have an over burdened case load and as you are aware are unable to take on your case.

The advice already given here, by both ncf355 and andy58 is correct, thanks everyone.

Take note of that advice Peace we have some very experienced and knowledgeable members in this area who willingly give up their time to help others.:thumb::hail:

I have noticed that more and more members are coming into LegalBeagles with increasingly complex cases on other areas of the forum that actually may need professional legal help. I think it would be of benefit if we had some more members from the legal profession to look at those members issues instead of having to just refer people to the SRA or Law Society.
                            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post

I have noticed that more and more members are coming into LegalBeagles with increasingly complex cases on other areas of the forum that actually may need professional legal help. I think it would be of benefit if we had some more members from the legal profession to look at those members issues instead of having to just refer people to the SRA or Law Society.
                              Indeed, as long as the replies are visible to other members in line with the spirit of a self help forum, so that others may benefit, and the knowledge base of the site is enhanced.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X