• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paypal Alternatives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal Alternatives

Does anyone know of a trustworthy, good alternative to Paypal?

The reason I ask is after years of using them without any problem for buying loads and selling a fair bit, they have suddenly decided that after receiving payment of over £100.00 of MY money, they will not let me access it for 21 days. I think this is unreasonable as I have never, in goodness knows how many years, had a problem with them.

Any good suggestions welcomed, otherwise it looks like I'm stuck with them.

Has anyone else discovered this recently?

Thanks.

Re: Paypal Alternatives

How do you know they won`t let you access it? Email? If so forward it to me because it sounds like a phising one.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I use PayPal everyday for my companies, i never had any funds held for 21 days. The maximum i have had funds held for are regarding withdrawals where PayPal's automated system may occasionally put withdrawals under 72 hour review.

Can i ask if these sums are sums you requested to withdraw, are they being withdrawn to a UK bank Account? or where the sums in question connected to a transfer/payment from a foreign country?

Edit: Just did a quick search for you - You may find this useful https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...s-availability

Also looking at a few other search results for "PayPal 21 day hold" it looks like its ebay transactions effected, and it likely a security measure i would guess.
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Yes, I regularly get dodgy emails purporting to be from Paypal which aren't and with the customary paranoia delete them without opening

Comment

Yeah when i get PayPal emails out of the blue relating to my account and transactions. Instead of clicking the link in the email i go to my browser and to PayPal's webpage directly and login to check the account. There you will be able to see if any transactions are pending or not - Or if PayPal need you to provide documents of details etc.
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
            How do you know they won`t let you access it? Email? If so forward it to me because it sounds like a phising one.
            When I log into Paypal the funds are showing as there, but with a balance available of £0.00. When you click on the sum it says it will take 21 days to become available for withdrawal.

If it makes a difference, it was a purchase I made about a week ago, I paid immediately as always via Paypal, and almost straight afterwards got a message saying the seller didn't want to complete. He refunded my money immediately and it shows as above - there, but not yet able to withdraw it. The transaction is marked completed though, so I don't understand why I can't get at my money.

Comment

Did the seller refund the money directly by the initial transaction, or did he send the money to you as a separate transaction? best way to check is to see if the initial transaction is showing as completed or as refunded. The seller should have refunded you directly through your initial transaction and should not have sent the money back to you as a separate one, if that is what hes done.

Personally i would call PayPal and demand to know why funds that were refunded to you for a purchase you made are being subjected to a 21 day review!!? Though i suspect it maybe that the seller didn't have the funds in his PayPal account and is funding it via a Bank Transfer which could be reversed if the seller doesn't have the funds in his account at the time.

Comment

Have a look at
                http://www.paypal-community.com/t5/L...p/312234#M1986
                to see how others are dealing with this 21 day holding period.
                Most seem to be walking away

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm still confused.com, as I have a longstanding selling and buying record with them, 100% positive feedback, and...... I've just phoned Paypal, entered a one time 6 digit password, and I suspect due to this, before I could even speak to anyone, the hold on my money was lifted and I've now transferred it to my bank account.

I wonder how many other customers are being inconvenienced by this - by the looks of things, a lot.

I certainly won't be rushing to use Paypal for Ebay transactions again, or at least not to sell things. Apparently you need to sell at least 20 things a year - that's one every 2 - 3 weeks. I don't do that, and I suspect a lot of EBayers don't.

Anyway, I have my money, so thanks all for your help!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X