• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hit and run question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hit and run question

I know, you wait for weeks for a Puff thread and 2 come along at once.

My apologies for my absence, work has been manic, and as you are soon to read, I have not been physically able to do a great deal.

My query is, what is the legality of claiming for injuries in a hit and run?

Before I go any further... I AM ALRIGHT INCA!!!

2 weeks ago, roughly when I went Missing In Action, I was at Tesco doing the broods weekly shop, I put the trolley at the boot of the car, stood to the side of it, and packed the car. I noticed the car in the bay opposite going in to reverse and thought, well, I'm 5'10 in my bare feet, I have 2 inch heels on (so that's what.. 6 foot tall?), I'm wearing a white and brown jumper and I have burgandy hair.. she'll stop.

The car kept coming backwards and I realised she would not stop, and she didn't, she hit the trolley for definatly sending that a good 50 yards right, and me about the same left, and on to me bum, we are not sure if it was the trolley or the car that hit me (the guy that pulled me up is sure it was the car) but the driver simply went in to first and pulled away.

I was so scared I didnt think of the number, but joked "if someone got the number of that bus lemme know" but with trying to get me foot out from under me bum.. no one thought of it.

Tesco were amazing, but they have no cameras in the car park, the police have been less than useless.

The injuries are pretty impressive, torn hamstring, damaged achilles tendon, sprained ankle, bruising, bruised foot, and a fear of crossing the car park at work..

is there anything I can do.. or do I just say BLOODY WOMAN and soldier on?
    Tags: None

Re: hit and run question

Hi Puff, good to see you back. You could always give this a try

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

AND YOU HAVE NO OTHER WAY OF CONTACTING ME THEN HUH? HUH? HEARD OF FACEBOOK HAVE YA?? HUH? HUH?
      YOUR LANKY LEG GOT MASHED......NO SIGN OF HAND/TYPING INJURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh,,,and how she managed to set you on yer arse is a miracle..it's a long way down for you msl:

Poor Puffles

Comment

Glad you OK make sure Tescos don't claim against you for a damaged trolley.
        Serious is it worth a notice in Tesco asking if anyone saw all of this?

Comment

thanks to all for the answers.. and Sorry Incs

Ive been on so many pain killers recently its been a case of WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE and surprisingly enough, the reason I have done so much damage is actually the fact that I fell the equivilent of 6 feet

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            Glad you OK make sure Tescos don't claim against you for a damaged trolley.
            Perhaps RLP will soon send one of their fatuous claims, for damage to the trolley and to the car park?

Comment

If they do claim at the moment she hasn't got a leg to stand on?

Comment

hey i aim to make a fortune with my Long John Silver act

look out for me on BGT "Puff's Perfect Penguin Impressions!!"

Comment

Hi Puff,

Wondered why you haven't been online for a while. I post when my FMS permits. Sorry to hear about the argument with the visually-challenged driver.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Approach Motor insurers Bureau.
                    They compensate for motor accidents where offending driver is untraceable.
                    http://www.mib.org.uk/Home/en/default.htm
                    You will need the police report number.

Comment

thanks BB hun

theres a reason she didn't see me, she didnt look!!

you know me though, I aim to be 100% in a fortnight!! back and fighting fit

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                        thanks BB hun

theres a reason she didn't see me, she didnt look!!

you know me though, I aim to be 100% in a fortnight!! back and fighting fit
                        Hence my remark about her being visually-challenged. The number of times I attended the scene of RTAs and one of the drivers involved said, "I didn't see them," to which the response would be, "So you're admitting to driving without due care and attention?"
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

yep as the wife of a biker, and a biker myself, the amount of times I have heard "SMIDSY!!" (infact that was a name I suggested for the cat it was that regular) was insane.

you look 3 times at a junction, 1 for the car, 1 for the truck, one for the biker out of luck!!

dunno about her being visually challenged, cerebrally challenged is more my thinking! I would love to get hold of her and give her a bloody good shake and say LOOK IN YOUR FLAMING MIRRORS!!
                          I'm lucky, I am nearly 6 foot tall, the bumper hit me about calf height, for someone of Inca's height that's more hip height, and what would have happened to a child makes my blood run cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                            I aim to be 100% in a fortnight!!
                            So the accident has done you some good? eep:

Comment

if this man can do this.. I can do anything

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X