• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tesco Item delivered to neighbor lost, no longer in stock loss of bargain Claim help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco Item delivered to neighbor lost, no longer in stock loss of bargain Claim help.

Hi All,

I purchase a 32" Tv from Tesco at a very good price just about £159 which is not a misprice by the way until it went out of stock, it was despatched for next day delivery however the TV failed to arrive. I was home all day on the delivery day, Yodel claimed it was left with my neighbor however the neighbor in question is hardly ever at home and I am the one who actually receives parcel for the said neighbor, but I check with the neighbor anyway and it was not there. I was home all day on the said day but I was sure there was no yodel driver about. Tracking on the Yodel Website says it was delivered to Customer until Called and I was informed it was left at my neighbors address for reasons which i do not know. Also if am away , should Yodel not have left a card at mine to say the item was at my neighbor not until I called Tesco and tesco checked with Yodel who advised tesco it was left at my neighbor.

Tesco have investigated and have come back to me today to say they will offer a refund and a good will gesture of £20 on top which I rejected as I only wanted a TV and I also suggested asking the courier to pick up the TV from wherever it was delivered to but they declined. I looked elsewhere and the cheapest place I could find the TV was at a cost of £379 as against the 160 I paid for it. I emailed claiming loss of bargain and I got an email back saying the could up the gesture of Goodwill to £30 but nothing more as the difference in me buying from elsewhere would be in the region of £220 and that is not reasonable.

So can someone please advice on the best way to take this further.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Tesco Item delivered to neighbor lost, no longer in stock loss of bargain Claim h

I should have thought the item would have to be signed for, usually these days on one of those handsets they have, Did you ask if it was signed for?

Comment

Re: Tesco Item delivered to neighbor lost, no longer in stock loss of bargain Claim h

I didn't ask if it was signed for. But I actually do not believe the TV was left at my neighbor's as when tesco called this morning to say that on further interviewing the driver about the alleged neighbor that the item was left with, "a slim young lady" unfortunately the said neighbor is a middle aged man who lives alone. So the driver prob pulled a fast one.

Comment

Lokks like theft here ?

Comment

Hi dejavus,

For completeness, how, when & where did you make your purchase.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I just googled Yodel and seems it happens quite a bit, maybe worth your while speaking to them also.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              Lokks like theft here ?
              I think that is a discussion between Tesco and Yodel to trash out, they havent referred me to Yodel at any point and they ve been doing the talking to yodel themselves and updating me.

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              Hi dejavus,

For completeness, how, when & where did you make your purchase.
              I purchased the TV on the Tesco Direct Website last week Friday on the 6th Sept and Item was sent Express Delivery to be delivered on Saturday. I paid for this using a credit card.

Tracking on yodel shows received by customer. I called yodel and they said they were not going ot discuss it with me that I should contact Tesco Instead.

Parcel delivered Customer 7th Sep 2013 16:53

Comment

You have a contract with Tesco's which they have failed to perform.
                I would write to them, pointing this out and insist on performance, pointing out it is not for them to vary the terms of the contract and if necessary you will request a court to order specific performance. A refund is not performance of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by dejavus View Post
                  Tesco have investigated and have come back to me today to say they will offer a refund and a good will gesture of £20 on top which I rejected as I only wanted a TV and I also suggested asking the courier to pick up the TV from wherever it was delivered to but they declined.
                  You have a refund, plus a small payment for the inconvenience. If you go to court, your claim is unlikely to be viewed favourably.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                    You have a refund, plus a small payment for the inconvenience. If you go to court, your claim is unlikely to be viewed favourably.
                    Would agree if goods were at regular price, but in this instance by tesco not completing the contract, OP has lost more than the value offered in compensation. In view of small value it might not be worth actually going to court, but Tesco could be reminded that course of action is an option.

Comment

Maybe the OP needs to read the terms and conditions on the Tesco website they are offering full refund and £30 ex gratia which is a good deal talk of court and compo seems futile, To everybody buying online read the Terms and Conditions thay you are accepting by clicking its a contract

Comment

Terms & conditions Section 15 confirms a contract has been struck when Tesco email customer that goods have been despatched.
                        Terms and conditions do not remove your rights.
                        I agree with OP and would not be content with refund plus £30. I would be looking for that television, or its current moneys worth

Comment

What are the rights?

Comment

To have the contract honoured?

Comment

Do you think the OP can win in court ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X