• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye... again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye... again!

Sorry if that sounds a little basic :/

Comment

You might find this an interesting read. It is not a judgment that sets a precedent as it was in the county court, but it's a good read. See attached pdf.
      Attached Files

Comment

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

See if that's easier.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by SteMGalloway View Post
          I think from a legal perspective, they would have to provide evidence of signage when requested. After all, it is they who are trying to persuade me I am breaching their terms and conditions and as a result pay. Instead of doing this when requested, they simply said there are signs. I asked for what the wording of the signs is. Again, they refused to provide this.
          So get your own evidence - go back to the car park and, having parked your motor-car elsewhere, take photographs of the entrance(s) and anywhere else that there might be signs. If your camera can superimpose the date on the image, do so.

£65 for a 35 minutes stop... were we parked on gold laced tarmac? I'd expect a car wash and valet for that price
          If not fellatio? msl:

Comment

I've done a pdf version of the above (thanks M1!!!) as I think it could be incredibly useful in the future. Sorry to use your thread as one place to store it!
            Attached Files

Comment

hello everyone
              new member looking for some advice on what appears to be everybodys favourite parking enforcement agency, i have recently recieved word from my company that a parking fine has arrived for me ( as company vehicle i drive) the said incident occured at St Catherines Retail Park, Perth. From what i gather the parking fine is demanding i pay 85pounds for overstaying a visit within the carpark, claiming this is the third letter of contact, however its the first iv heard of it! My reason for even being in the carpark was carrying out work on behalf of the site landlord, inspecting electrical installment and meter readings, i believe this to be an unfair charge, however am unsure how to proceed, from reading the wealth of info on this website i gather my best option is to write a letter of appeal, especially as Eyepark have no facility to talk to an operator, though any advice on this would be greatly appretiated

Comment

Originally posted by watson1989 View Post
                hello everyone
                new member looking for some advice on what appears to be everybodys favourite parking enforcement agency, i have recently recieved word from my company that a parking fine has arrived for me ( as company vehicle i drive) the said incident occured at St Catherines Retail Park, Perth. From what i gather the parking fine is demanding i pay 85pounds for overstaying a visit within the carpark, claiming this is the third letter of contact, however its the first iv heard of it! My reason for even being in the carpark was carrying out work on behalf of the site landlord, inspecting electrical installment and meter readings, i believe this to be an unfair charge, however am unsure how to proceed, from reading the wealth of info on this website i gather my best option is to write a letter of appeal, especially as Eyepark have no facility to talk to an operator, though any advice on this would be greatly appretiated

Really you should start your own thread so you don't get lost or everyone gets confused about who is getting what advice.

The game is different up here in Scotland. There is no popla so it's pretty much a waste of time to appeal and normal advice to ignore and defend in court is the M.O.

However, in your circumstances i'd contact the site landlord who should be able to put a stop to the ticket.

M1

Comment

thank you for your advice, and my appologise for not opening new thread, will do in future! much appretiated
                  watson1989

Comment

There is a 'new' draft Letter of Appeal which you should find very useful here under Parking Charge Notices:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Comment

Originally posted by watson1989 View Post
                      i have recently recieved word from my company that a parking fine has arrived for me ( as company vehicle i drive) the said incident occured at St Catherines Retail Park, Perth. From what i gather the parking fine is demanding i pay 85pounds for overstaying a visit within the carpark, claiming this is the third letter of contact, however its the first iv heard of it! My reason for even being in the carpark was carrying out work on behalf of the site landlord, inspecting electrical installment and meter readings, i believe this to be an unfair charge, however am unsure how to proceed, from reading the wealth of info on this website i gather my best option is to write a letter of appeal, especially as Eyepark have no facility to talk to an operator, though any advice on this would be greatly appretiated
                      Perhaps you should remind Parking Eye that you live in Scotland, where the Schedule 4 of the Protection (sic) of Freedoms Act does not apply?

Who owns the land?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                        There is a 'new' draft Letter of Appeal which you should find very useful here under Parking Charge Notices:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences
                        Doesn't apply in Scotland. :attention:

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Perhaps you should remind Parking Eye that you live in Scotland, where the Schedule 4 of the Protection (sic) of Freedoms Act does not apply?

Who owns the land?

Watson 1989 may or may not live in Scotland i don't know but the parking certainly was

M1

Comment

Apologies, hadn't read back and should have. Good to have mentioned the draft letter though - do refer users to it for appeals.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            Watson 1989 may or may not live in Scotland i don't know
                            Didn't you bother to check his on-line profile?

I did... :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Didn't you bother to check his on-line profile?

I did... :grin:
                              We are not all so meretriciously vainglorious!

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                                We are not all so meretriciously vainglorious!
                                Or awake?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X