• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help :- Comet extracare warranty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help :- Comet extracare warranty

Hi, I hope i have put this in the right section.

I brought my Apple Macbook with the Warranty from Comet last May and unfortunately spilt a little cola on it. It is now not working so, this morning I rang The Warranty Group and explained the situation and they said that they will try to repair it or send me a cheque for the amount I paid. My problem is that I haggled a very good deal and would have to pay an extra £200 for a new one. Also would the warranty be transferred to the new Macbook or would I lose 2+ years of warranty that I have paid for??? I cant find the booklet of terms and conditions for the warranty but when i took it out I'm sure the sales assistant said that it would be replaced if they couldn't fix it. Where can i find these terms and conditions to check this out?

Another thought I had was to use my household insurance to get new for old and try to get my money back for the warranty, would this work?

Any advise would be really appreciated, I am meant to be sending the Macbook off in a couple of days so need advise before I do.

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Tags: None

Re: help :- Comet extracare warranty

Hi aussiegirl65 - I'm sure you must know that Comet has ceased trading? Don't know how this affects your warranty (sure someone will be along who does know)

Comment

I had the comet cover on this Samsung tablet, apprently it is dealt with by a compny in the Isle of Man.
      I did have some niggles just at the time they were closing and rang them to ask what would happen to the new for old cover.
      They were a bit vague about it and just said I would be sent a voucher if any fault could not be solved. Luckily I had the number for Samsung UK and got in touch, was sent bubble wrap and a pre paid envelope, got it back a week later, they had installed the latest version and everything is fine.
      I cancelled the extra care and got some of the money back.
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. Still not sure what I should do. I will give my house insurance a call later before sending my mac off with the warranty.

If anybody has a copy of the comet warranty and could check to see if it states 'Replace' or 'refund' I would appreciate it.

Thanks again

Comment

I still have mine will scan it in later for you.

Comment

Hope that you can read this have removed my signature.
            When Samsung sent the package I had to also provide a copy of my receipt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	warrenty 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1156184

Click image for larger version

Name:	warrenty 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	1156185

Comment

Thank you dogtired. Do you know if this is all you got, I have the same but thought there was another booklet type thing with more terms and conditions in. I just need to check that they have to replace my Mac and not give me a refund.....as explained before. Also I have spoken to a few friends and wont be going through my house insurance as they will probably up my premiums a lot next year.

Comment

That is all, in a sort of folder with the receipt but that is just the Comet one, nothing else .( just a shiny folded paper really )
                Not sure what they will do, as I say I sent mine to Samsung as I did not trust the Comet one.
                As my "fault" was more to do with the device itself I don't know what would have happened if it could not have been repaired.
                When I asked that question of the Comet Warranty the agent was quite vague and said something about a voucher.
                Last edited by dogtired; 16th January 2013, 09:20:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X