• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

out of date food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of date food

i sent an e mail to tesco,s on monday concerning a brought out of date milk shake [by 6 days]on sunday, but i have still not heard a reply from them yet is this normall.my daughter picked it up for my grand children aged 5 and 4 one was in date which they drunk, we wondered whythey did not touch the other one, to our horror thats when we found out why. i have since told consumer locally and have been informed already that trading standereds are doing spot checks at tesco. should i leave it at that, or conplain about poor service acknoleging my e mail.
    Tags: None

Re: out of date food

If Trading Standards are doing spot checks, don't complain to Tesco. If Tesco's stock rotation is lacking, TS will want to catch them red-handed.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi there, I bought a case of beer 6!!! years out of date last month, when I returned the beer I was told I couldn't possibly have bought it from that store, implying I was not being honest. However a week later after referring to CCTV images I was phoned and "even though you weren't charged for the out of date beer" was offered a free case of beer.
      I refused and said I was concerned that a 6 year past its sellby date could be on the shelf. I was asked if I had picked it from the reduced section- irrelevant, its 6 years out of date. Now a letter is winging its way
      to Philip Clarke and if no further apology is received then quite possibly my local press as there is an issue of a Tesco Express being built against many local objections

Comment

I'm currently in a discussion with the Executive's Office about overcharging after five recent visits showed we had been overcharged. We got the money back x 2 in line with their policy, but that is not what bothered me. OK, we're only talking about a sum of around £1.00-2.00 per occasion, but if that is multiplied up by the number of customers have, they are inadvertantly taking millions of pounds each week from customers who do not check their bill before leaving the store.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X