• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eaglemoss' 1:8th scale James Bond Aston Martin DB5.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eaglemoss' 1:8th scale James Bond Aston Martin DB5.

Hi guys,

Sorry I havnt been on LB for a while, but my circumstances have changed and I am limited to how much free time I have.

Anyway, why I am here this time is quite a complicated story but here goes.
    Over 2 years ago I subscribed to a pay weekly subscription model. The £1.99 for the first issue then x amount a week there on ones, im sure you know what I mean.

For over 2 years I have paid £6.99 a week (£29.98 monthly direct debit) approximately totalling £585. Up till now I have been really happy with the collection.

However, because we are nearing completion of the collection, I decided to start unpacking all of the parts and begin assembling my model. This is where the problems start.

First thing I noticed wrong with my model is a slight shade difference between certain panels, mainly the bonnet, ejector roof hatch, doors, front wing section and rear wing section.

It doesnt stop there. I am not the only customer experiencing these problems, if you have a look on facebook and search 007 DB5 (Official Eaglemoss page) you will see there are quite a few of us on there having problems. I would like to point out, this model was advertised as "A show piece".

Further to the paint issue, there may also be a problem with twisted main frames. I am only half way through assembling my model and wont know if the frame is twisted until I attach doors etc, which obviously I dont want to do until the paint issue is sorted.

Eaglemoss have recently announced they will replace all of the affected parts which is good news, but they are asking that we dis assemble whats already built, which will damage screws and potentially damage parts in the process, re package it all, return it to them, then they will send us replacements.

This whole situation is causing quite a few of us a lot of stress and we would all be extremely gratefull if someone would come along to the facebook page to offer us some advice.

Alternatively, I wont mind passing on any advice I receive here.

Regards

pinkfloydianuk
    ALL COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS MADE ARE BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCES AND OPINIONS, IF IN DOUBT SEEK ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LEGAL PROFESSIONAL.

IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ DON'T FORGET TO GIVE ME SOME THANKS AND REP.

ANY PRIVATE MESSAGES DEEMED TO BE NON SUBJECT RELATED, DEROGATORY OR INSULTING WILL BE REPORTED.

pinkfloydianuk
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X