• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amazon Prime

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime

When I checked my bank statement today £49 had been charged....

Shouted at my daughter what did you buy on something on my card from Amazon??? she shrug her shoulders and said no she did not use my account or details.

After checking my Amazon account I checked and to my amazement £49 for last 4 years had been taken (March2009) I always look at my bank statements how could I be this stupid and not have noticed these amounts.

Phoned Amazon... eventually finding their number is like gold dust. £49 for this year is being refunded straight away. They are looking into the previous 3 years and will refund provided I did not use the serve (which I did not know I had lol) The Amazon Prime has now been cancelled.

It appears if you accidentially tick the box you will pay an annual subscription.

So the moral of the story is you have to keep an eye on stuff like this and be carefull not tick any boxes and if you want to cancel you have 30 days in which to cancel this.

If they refund the other 3 years which I am expecting them to do it will be money back in my account so another win for a Beagle.:cancan:
    Tags: None

Re: Amazon Prime

What the hell is amazon prime anyway, whats the difference between a normal account and a Prime one?

Personally i am not keen on amazon, as they reguraly send bots to crawl my website to get product details and prices etc which i feel is a breach of anti competition laws and feels like commerical espionage to be honest.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

An update....

I checked my bank account and sure enough £49 for the 2012 has now been refunded.

But this still leaves 2011 (£49),2010 (£49)and 2009 (£47.97) te be refunded. The guy I spoke to said they would get back to me the following week.

Since I never heard from then, I wrote giving them 7 days to refund otherwise I would take legal action. At 8:53pm this evening I got a response to say they are now refunding me £49 for 2011, £44.92 , for 2010, and nothing for 2009 as they say I have used it..... right on I did not even know I had it.

I have asked for evidence as to the usage and date in 2009 and why they are shortchanging me in 2010.

So lets see what happens next.

Comment

This has come up before on here, and they are swines. It's good to see they've met someone who is more than equal to the battle, if only they knew who they were dealing with lol.

I'm not sure if back in the days when you 'took this out' it was tick to opt out of it, rather than tick to be in it. I seem to remember there was a somewhat devious angle to things. On Amazon's part.

Go get 'em Tutts!

Comment

Thanks Labman - you made me sound like an oga lol. But I do know what you mean they fell into the cuckoos nest good and proper. I must have rustled their feathers because received two emails this morning-

1. As a one time exception he has issued a further credit for £53 (which was the shortfall on one year + the whole of the other year so another £53 heading to my account. (£93 was granted to me yesterday)

2. then just 5 minutes ago I received a credit note from Amazon for £30 to do with a tax book which I never ordered and did not know I had paid for for £30 so another refund making more money coming my way.

So in essence my total refund should be including 2012 payment £194.97

They have already refunded £49 for 2012

They have agreed in last nights email to grant me £93.92

The fiest email this morning £53 ( the total of all these add up to £195.92)

and a Tuttsi bonus £30

Comment

Just had a further email they are refunding £23 for the tax book so not sure if that I'd now £53 or £23 lol as compensation. As previous email said they had already refunded £30. I have no idea what the tax book has to do with anything as I had ordered one the year before but not this one as found it cheaper elsewhere. I think the tax book has nothing to do with Amazon Prime but could be wrong.

Will be interesting what they actually refund in the end lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post

and a Tuttsi bonus £30
              It sounds like a TV game show doesn't it! "And tonight ladies and gentleman, a special Tuttsi bonus of £30!" Cue clapping and screams from the audience! :beagle:

Comment

YEHHHHHH.......100% refund now received back into my bank account of 4 years payments £240 for Amazon Prime premiums for a service that I did not know I had lol.....which was taken from my bank account. The weird thing is that I never noticed these amounts going out - note to self to be more dilligent with my own bank statements.

Message to everyone - do not allow any of these type of companies scam you out of your money by not cancelling a services which you never realsised you had in the first place.:closed_2:

Comment

well done another victory
                  sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X