• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Atos-DWP-Medical Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atos-DWP-Medical Report

Hi
    In October last year I requested a copy of my medical from DWP and was told I would be sent a copy.
    A few days ago I went to the jobcentre and the woman checked the computer and said it was strange it they hadn't sent it but she couldn't do anything.
    What can I do? If I phone them they only send off an e-mail to the 'assessor' as they did last time.
    I'm getting fed up waiting and phoning them.
    And on top of it all I've just sent in another form to atos!
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Atos-DWP-Medical Report

Hi twix,

As your complaint is regarding DWP/Jobcentre, have you tried their complaints procedure?

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/contact-us/com...s-and-appeals/
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi twix,

As your complaint is regarding DWP/Jobcentre, have you tried their complaints procedure?

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/contact-us/com...s-and-appeals/

Thanks for the link and I will do a complaint today.

Comment

I had an ATOS medical in November last year and the buggers still haven't sent me a copy of the report as I asked. However, the consultant at the teaching hospital where I live told me what I need to know, so I'm not too bothered. On the whole, the ATOS assessor's report increased my ESA to almost top level, so I'm not complaining.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by twix View Post
          Thanks for the link and I will do a complaint today.
          Excellent advice to follow their complaints procedure. Be forewarned that the DWP mislead nearly as much as bailiffs, and so take what you are told with a pinch of salt and be prepared to fight your corner.

Comment

In my experience, the more senior they are, the more likely they are to lie, thinking they can get away with it. I once went before a Medical Appeals Tribunal (MAT) about the knee injury that ended my police career. The DHSS, as they were then, broke two rules in the presentation of their evidence, namely -

1. Using a doctor/surgeon who had previously attended/treated me; and
            2. Using the testimony of a doctor contrary to the rules applicable to Expert Witnesses.

There is a rule, that applies to both courts and tribunals, that where a doctor/surgeon is preparing a report for medico-legal purposes, they must not have attended or treated the plaintiff/claimant/appellant at any time. In my case, one of the doctors who examined me had been my attending surgeon in hospital. Result: Evidence ruled inadmissible.

Expert Witnesses must have relevant experience in the field in which they are giving evidence about. In my case, DHSS asked a doctor who was a MRCOG (Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists) to give an orthopaedic opinion. Result: Evidence not admissible.

Outcome of Tribunal: Found in Claimant/Appellant's favour.

I have also heard from DWP Appeals Tribunal Lay Members that it is not uncommon for DWP officials to lie at appeal hearings, despite knowing that the person chairing the tribunal is a judge.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...sions-contract tried to post this with the other one but failed!

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                In my experience, the more senior they are, the more likely they are to lie, thinking they can get away with it. I once went before a Medical Appeals Tribunal (MAT) about the knee injury that ended my police career. The DHSS, as they were then, broke two rules in the presentation of their evidence, namely -

1. Using a doctor/surgeon who had previously attended/treated me; and
                2. Using the testimony of a doctor contrary to the rules applicable to Expert Witnesses.

There is a rule, that applies to both courts and tribunals, that where a doctor/surgeon is preparing a report for medico-legal purposes, they must not have attended or treated the plaintiff/claimant/appellant at any time. In my case, one of the doctors who examined me had been my attending surgeon in hospital. Result: Evidence ruled inadmissible.

Expert Witnesses must have relevant experience in the field in which they are giving evidence about. In my case, DHSS asked a doctor who was a MRCOG (Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists) to give an orthopaedic opinion. Result: Evidence not admissible.

Outcome of Tribunal: Found in Claimant/Appellant's favour.

I have also heard from DWP Appeals Tribunal Lay Members that it is not uncommon for DWP officials to lie at appeal hearings, despite knowing that the person chairing the tribunal is a judge.
                My goodness, the DWP are much worse than I imagined.
                The DWP must know that you were a Police office and therefore have knowledge of the law, yet they still LIE???
                Does nothing frighten them.
                I can understand how they think they'll get away with trying to con people who perhaps aren't very well educated and might not understand all the BS, but a Police Officer?
                I am not saying it is right to try and con anyone, but they do and normally its the most weak or vulnerable. I have a psychology degree and don't even understand the procedures and BS.
                What I really, really want to know is how do they get away with it?
                If they provide false evidence for DM or courts, shouldn't they find themselves in court to answer for it?
                By the time the GMC stops dodgy HCP's them from doing medicals they've made their money, I doubt they care much. Most of the GP's I've seen are late 70's if not older, what do they care.
                Why aren't they arrested?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X