• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Safestyle Salesmen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Safestyle Salesmen

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    oddly enough that almost matches the description of the Safestyle maniac that came to my door, less the beard. Just a bald headed nutter. Probably pikeys.
    Quite possibly.

He even has his own blog from which to shout at people - link

Safestyle UK does not make bird scarers but, if they did, they'd be the loudest bird scarers in the world.

Comment

I've just done a Creditsafe check on this company, using their Bradford address which is their 'contact us' address on the website.

Weirdly its showing as a non-trading company.

If anyone wants I can do a deeper check when I get to work tomorrow, can't do it here as I don't have passwords etc to hand.

Comment

Hey all

As an owner of a sales company (not windows or any cold calling), i can safely say that force selling, or misleading sales practices are unlawful. Force selling when your customer has said no amounts to harassment and any pretending to speck to the boss of statements of thats the lowest i can go, or anything that is later forund to have been misleading or a lie made by the salesman is misrepresentation of contract and the contract would be void. Or any monies owed no longer claimable unless they wish to pay you damages for misrepresetnation of contract when argued out in court, which they are unlikely to risk taking you to court for. Plus any monies paid would be legally refundable regardless of their policy.

I had BT qoute me different prices to what they actually charged for a business internet and phone account in 2009 when i first set up my company, i promptly stopped paying them and made it clear as to the reason being misrepresentation of contract on their part. Haven't heard a whisper from then since.

Also, all contracts made off trade premises i.e. in peoples homes have a 5 day cooling off period from the date the customer receives their copy of the contract. All contracts made via the internet, phone, tv (distance selling regulations) have a 7 day cooling of period from receipt of the customer copy. So any contract that states no cooling of period, when applied online, via phone or written out in your own home (which safestyle write out in you own home all the time) would be unlawful and likely unenforcable in court.

Plus if you ask a salesman to leave your property and they refuse, then your asking them to leave is a revocation of license for them to be on your property, therefore from that instance on, they are committing a torte of trepass. Same as when they come to your door without prior appointment they are doing so without license, unless you agree to them being their i.e. by not telling them to f off in the first instance. So any salesman refusing to leave and reverting to force selling tactics should be reported to the police forwith for trespass and harassment. One way of doing so is say excuse me just going to toilet, take your mobile with you, call the police and say you have a trespassing salesman in your property refusing to leave and not accepting no for an answer and now trying to harass you into signing a contract.
        Last edited by teaboy2; 18th September 2011, 15:49:PM.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Yes a torte of trespass, but also the criminal offence of battery in that he made out as if to attack physically. I don't know what trailer parks they are recruiting their cold callers from, but Safestyle are more reminiscent of a group of gangsters than a legit sales company.

Comment

Well there not recruiting at Dale Farm them buggers have barricades themselves in, we are expecting a long hard fight from midnight.

Comment

Yes a torte of trespass, but also the criminal offence of battery in that he made out as if to attack physically. I don't know what trailer parks they are recruiting their cold callers from, but Safestyle are more reminiscent of a group of gangsters than a legit sales company.
              Thats true about battery, but that would only apply if they made unwanted physical contact with you, that in itself does not amount to assault. An example of which is, say if you get up to show them to the door and they put a hand on your sholder to pull (though not forcefully, as that would be assualt if they pulled you back hard and you fell to the ground or were bruised by it) you back in an attempt to get you to listen to them or similar physical contact such as touching your arm in an attempt to make you turn round to listen to them.

The trouble is, most people do not even know they have been a victim to such offences.
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I may be wrong but I think if someone anticipates a physical attack that also amounts to a battery. Yes, physical contact definitely is, but I think it can be anticipated physical contact as well.

An example is road rage where someone gets out of their car and approaches you on foot and you feel they will attack you. The physical attack itself need not actually take place. The battery has.

However, I might be wrong about this and perhaps someone can assist?

Comment

Aha! You are quite correct Teaboy, I am referring to an apprehended assault, not a battery, which must be physical contact.

Comment

I may be wrong but I think if someone anticipates a physical attack that also amounts to a battery. Yes, physical contact definitely is, but I think it can be anticipated physical contact as well.

An example is road rage where someone gets out of their car and approaches you on foot and you feel they will attack you. The physical attack itself need not actually take place. The battery has.

However, I might be wrong about this and perhaps someone can assist?
                    I'm happy to help.

The perception of battery or of impending battery is common assault.

So, if you see a possible assailant putting a large transistor radio power pack into a sock and swinging it to and fro as he approaches you, that would be common assault with a battery.

Comment

Brilliant, CC, thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Another twist on this, a few weeks go I had a very young looking person on the door with a shirt with "Safestyle"on it.
                        Now we had a new conservatory and a side window done the previous year (the other windows had been done before we moved here)
                        "See you have got double glazing" says he, "would you like to upgrade them?"
                        "No thanks" says I
                        "Who did them" he asks,
                        "Local firm" i says,
                        "Good job" hes then says,
                        " not bad "says i
                        "could we put a board out side" he asked??!!!
                        cheek or what!!!
                        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                          Another twist on this, a few weeks go I had a very young looking person on the door with a shirt with "Safestyle"on it.
                          Now we had a new conservatory and a side window done the previous year (the other windows had been done before we moved here)
                          "No thanks" says I
                          "Who did them" he asks,
                          "Local firm" i says,
                          "Good job" hes then says,
                          " not bad "says i
                          "could we put a board out side" he asked??!!!
                          cheek or what!!!
                          What's in it for you says I?

You want to watch it DT, they'll send their skinheaded thugs around to persuade you otherwise:

SS "Can we put a board outside?"
                          DT "No."
                          Safestyle salesman reaches into pockets and puts on knuckle dusters and brandishes a baseball bat from behind has back, tapping you lightly on the shoulders with it.
                          SS "Can we put a board outside?"
                          DT "Sure. Where do you want it?"
                          Last edited by The Debt Star; 21st September 2011, 13:05:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                            "No thanks" says I
                            "Who did them" he asks,
                            "Local firm" i says,
                            Are they brick-proof?

Comment

Hope so, sent him off with a flea in his ear and they didnt come back!!!
                              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Look guv, this un's brick proof, not like the one I just smashed up behnd me. I can't put me 'and through it, see?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X