• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

should,nt have gone to specsavers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should,nt have gone to specsavers

specsavers accepted an nhs prescription for glasses for my granddaughter on the 1st sept 2011, despite a number of tel calls they were evasive regarding when the glasses would be ready, finally on the 5th sept i received a tel call from the director of the shop would confirmed that he was awaiting advice as to whether he should provide the glasses, this was as he said due to the possible court action resulting from the possibility that they had provided the wrong strength glasses for my grandson, who is being examined by a consultant on the 14th sept to determine the need for corrective surgery. the question is have specsavers breached the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in accepting payment for the glasses in ther form of the original prescription
    Tags: None

Re: should,nt have gone to specsavers

Dear Cimlaboy,

There is a chance that your granddaughter's prescription will change following corrective surgery (if it is necessary).

Possibly this is why the Director of the shop is awaiting the Consultant's decision (as to corrective surgery going through or not).

Did you use NHS optical voucher and paid the remaining amount yourself? OR
    Did you pay the full sum of money yourself?

I do not understand why any court action against them in relation to your grandson would have any effect on providing glasses for your granddaughter.

Could you please explain the situation in more detail, so that we can help you.

Comment

Without wishing to appear rude, I'd have thought you'd have been pleased about this.

You do realise consumers cannot do anything at all under CPUTR 2008 anyway, so what exactly were you intending?

Comment

I think when the OP comes back to explain the situation in more detail, we would have a better understanding of the type of advice the OP is after.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X