• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swinton car insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swinton car insurance

Hello

Has anybody any experience of cancelling a policy before termination with the above broker. Be interested to hear if your experience matches mine in terms of date of cancellation.

BTW I'm still furious half an hour after getting off the phone.

Vdr
    Tags: None

Re: Swinton car insurance

In short, I posted off my certificate of insurance on 16 August, by first class post, they claim to have received, and therefore actionned my cancellation on 1 September. First day of the new month - coincidence? I told them what I think, you can think what you like, regrettably I have no proof.

Lesson - dont trust any financial organisation with anything, send everything signed for - it will be cheaper on your health and blood pressure!

Vdr

Comment

I would not trust Swintons they screwed us for thousands and made our lives hell. So I am not surprised tbvh.

Always as a rule of thumb when sending any form of doumentation through the post always send it by special or recorded delivery.

Send an email to the CEO of Swintons and tell him that you posted the certificate back mid August and it does not take 2 weeks by first class post and therefore the policy must be cancelled in August.

There is an Insurance onbudsman who maybe they may be able to help?

Originally posted by volvodriver View Post
      In short, I posted off my certificate of insurance on 16 August, by first class post, they claim to have received, and therefore actionned my cancellation on 1 September. First day of the new month - coincidence? I told them what I think, you can think what you like, regrettably I have no proof.

Lesson - dont trust any financial organisation with anything, send everything signed for - it will be cheaper on your health and blood pressure!

Vdr
      Last edited by TUTTSI; 5th September 2011, 14:59:PM. Reason: added

Comment

Not to mention that I'm sure I've read somewhere the law deems a letter to have been delivered two days after posting, with or without proof. If it took two weeks and my memory is correct, it is their problem, not yours.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X