• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parcel Force

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcel Force

Greetings All,

Has anyone made a claim before and if so how long did it take.

Just I find myself having to make a claim for a guitar my son sold and sent to Northampton.

It has a boot mark and indentation on the box and it sustained a broken neck and headstock clean in half.

It was insured with parcel force to the value of £150

And yes I did make sure it was well wrapped in bubblewrap and foam sheet and put into a strong box and filled void space with paper cuttings.

I also marked the box in big letters FRAGILE PLEASE HANDLE WITH CARE.

On the plus side the recipient was and is very accommodating to me as to the return of the money which still sits in my paypal account he is happy to wait until the claim is settled.

I am willing to return his money do you think I should or just wait until the claim is sorted the recipient is happy with that but I do feel sorry for him and do not wish to cause him anymore delay.

I am just gutted that such a nice guitar is damaged beyond repair.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Tags: None

Re: Parcel Force

I'm not trying to be funny, but why don't you explain your dilemma to the recipient and see what he has to say.

Gutting to see a quality instrument wrecked like that!

Comment

Casper,

There is no dilemma as such as we are both in email and phone cantact he is happy to wait until the claim is progressed for the return off his funds.

My main concern and was wondering if anyone had in knowledge as to how long a claim is likely to take.

They say on the website that the damaged goods and packaging will be inspected at the recipient's address but does this happen on every occasion or will the photos that the recipient took and emailed to me suffice.

Do you think an 8 week timescale is long enough for them to deal with it?
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

One would have hoped so. 8 weeks is a normal complaint timescale, but I've never had personal experience of it, so can't unfortunately give you a definitive answer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X