• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Replacement Washing Machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Washing Machine

Hi,
    I’ve had a faulty washing machine replaced by Appliances Direct. However, on delivery they refused to install it ( hardwired) and left.The machine is in a flat I let out. My tenant paid for a private installation and old machine disposal. I’m now being hounded by AD who say I have to pay for the replacement because they didn’t recover the old machine! At no point was I or my tenant informed about this requirement. Obviously I have refused because it’s their process error. They are sending slightly threatening emails. Does anyone know where I stand on this matter?
    Tags: None

Go through all the paperwork you had from AD and see if you can find any reference to the replacement being conditional on them taking away the old one. If you can't find anything reply to their email asking them to point out where this requirement appears n the documents they have sent you. If it turns out they never mentioned anything about the old machine until after they had delivered the repalcement then it's hard to see how that could be binding on you. To be bound by a condition like this it has to be advised to you before you accepted their offer of the repalcement. Which sounds a bit daft of them really because you'd have been delighted if they had offered to remove the old one free of charge!
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Sorry but a wee bit confused here - I assume they left the new machine. Why did they not take the old one?

Comment

Hi
        Yes they just left it without telling my tenant they wanted it back.

Comment

How odd. Have you told them they can come for it?

Comment

I think OP might mean, although not clear, that the replaced machine was still under guarantee (replacement not repair)
            AD would have wanted the replaced machine to check OP was right about the fault(s) with the machine
            AD's terms and conditions about replacing a machine might say the faulty machine must be disconnected from the cold water supply. This supply would need turning off

Comment

This may well be the case and they refused to disconnect themselves as they have a right to do if the situation was as described. I suppose a lot depends on whether the tenants were given clear instructions?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X