• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recipient disclosing to 22 people that I made a DSAR - legal or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipient disclosing to 22 people that I made a DSAR - legal or not?

Hi all,
    I am dealing with a nasty small Developer who we purchased our house off. I am trying to get him to answer a technical question about what he promised to do and included 22 local council members in the email to try push him to respond. He did but also (second time he has done this) started complaining about the DSAR that I sent him and spoke a little about the data he sent (or didn't send, specifically)....I am quite annoyed that he has brought this up to everyone but am curious if organisations such as his business are 'allowed' to do this?

Thoughts please?
    Tags: None

If you copied your request to 22 people you can't complain if he replies to the same group.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Oh I can. My query was purely professional with 22 professional people in the same subject.....the fact that the non-related DSAR request and some personal details of requesting it is different. So I can.
      My question is is he breaking any GDPR rules here.

Comment

My thoughts are the same as Pallasathena - If you copy people into an email you cannot be shocked if the response is also copied to the same people....Reply all....

Comment

Wow....keep your emotions in check and look at the facts - my CCd email was about a professional matter on the contract on the house, NOTHING tom do with the DSAR - the Developer essentially 'spread the word' as in speaking to everyone about the DSAR, not a reply directed at me. So I say again, for clarity, is there a legal issue with them bringing the DSAR in to the conversation and is DIRECTED ar everyone, NOT a CC reply....

Comment

Are you saying that the company in question shared your personal data with 22 others? If so, you may complain to the Information Commissioner.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

What do you want the outcome of this to be? Compo, apology or something legal

Comment

Thank you for two sensible questions - no they didn't share the data, just relayed that I had made a DSAR and mentioned some specifics about my request which really was nothing to do with the subject we were discussing and, my belief was, something that they had no right to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Buel10 View Post
                  Wow....keep your emotions in check and look at the facts - my CCd email was about a professional matter on the contract on the house, NOTHING tom do with the DSAR - the Developer essentially 'spread the word' as in speaking to everyone about the DSAR, not a reply directed at me. So I say again, for clarity, is there a legal issue with them bringing the DSAR in to the conversation and is DIRECTED ar everyone, NOT a CC reply....
                  Sensible question incoming with emotions firmly in check (as always) - Why does it bother you so much that the fact you had made a request was disclosed? You certainly can complain to the ICO if you think it was against regulations although as you say no personal data was shared.

Comment

It bothers me because it is absolutely no one else's business and was not relevant to the subject being discussed.
                    I have asked the ICO, I will update you when they reply. It will be interesting to see what they say.

Comment

Buel10 - if you are saying that the DSAR you submitted to the developer is entirely unrelated to and wholly separate from the technical question raised in your email, then you might have a valid complaint.

Are you saying that the DSAR has absolutely nothing to do with the technical question in the email?

Comment

Originally posted by Manxman View Post
                        Buel10 - if you are saying that the DSAR you submitted to the developer is entirely unrelated to and wholly separate from the technical question raised in your email, then you might have a valid complaint.

Are you saying that the DSAR has absolutely nothing to do with the technical question in the email?
                        Thank you for some sanity, Manxman , yes that is absolutely what I am saying!

Comment

We look forward to hearing the views of the ICO

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X