• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contract duration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more.

And we have only been shown 4 of the 6 pages.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

The value entered into ‘total upon completion’ is a human error by the agent. It was agreed that we would pay up front as we thought that we would sell and it was a reduced fee versus the upon completion fee (yes the property will likely eventually sell for over £150k). £1800 should be in the payable now box. I have attached pages 5 and 6 but they’re just a questionnaire about the property so mot
      relevant to the contract. With this all in mind, would you still say that the contract is poor and the 3 month period should have been described in the T&Cs? It is not mentioned in the section 9 which what I have the most issue with. I will pursue it if others think I have a chance, but currently pregnant with baby number 2 and a whole heap of other injustices to tackle, so I want to use my time wisely. Thanks all
      Attached Files

Comment

Those pages add nothing, but without seeing them we couldn't say. The contract is poorly drafted and I would have made this clear in the full contract wording.

My opinion is that your chances in a claim to get your money back are poor. Others may have other opinions.

Have any estate agents offered an opinion why your house has not sold? It would be very easy to say it must be overpriced, but there may be more to it than that.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

You've already spoken to the Estate Agent.
          Speak with CAB, they may pass it on to Trading Standards.

Comment

Their "total payable now" is for upfront services such as special photographs and accompanied viewings which the customer selects before signing the contract. These services are add-ons to the standard fee.
            I have read their full terms and conditions published on their website

Comment

atticus ok thank you. We had a flood that damaged the flat (through fault of the management company not clearing the roof), have had management company issues which resulted in one being given notice and replaced, and then there’s possible movement in a flat below us which has been with an insurance company for over 2 years to be investigated… honestly our luck has been awful. The whole block has been struggling to sell, not just us

Comment

Look up Chartered Institute for Trading Standards
                and Property Ombudsman and Code of Practice for Residential Estate Agents

Lots to digest on Ts and Cs, fees and clarity of info

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X