• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car sold with incorrect model

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car sold with incorrect model

Hi all

this may seem fairly trivial to most people but last week I purchased a Japanese import (2010 Mitsubishi Delica D5) which was listed as the Premium model. Whilst I wasn’t totally clear what the spec of that model should be, it’s regarded as the best.

on delivery of the car I put the chassis number of the car into a Japanese website and was told it’s actually the ‘Power’ model. A lower spec car that sells for less.

people of said well it’s ’buy Beware’ and I should of really interrogated the spec of which was true to the vehicle but my complaint is when I try and sell it, it’s not the premium version.

what are my rights here? At this stage returning the car would put my young family in a real difficult position but I feel I should warrant some financial compensation.

It’s also worth noting that yesterday I raised with the dealer that another car was wrongly being sold as the ‘premium’ version and then within 24 hours he changed the advert to remove references to premium.

Any thoughts welcome

Tags: None

Hi
    You sound as if you are happy with the car.
    Why not try to negotiate a deduction in the the price you paid
    You may have to threaten the dealer with court action for breaching the Misrepresentation Act when he advertised the car incorrectly
    Have you still got a copy of the advert?

Comment

Thank you for the reply. It’s much appreciated. The car itself is fine, but one of the premium features for example was a 12 speaker Rockford fosgate stereo system which I just assumed it had. The actual detailed spec breakdown didn’t feature this but I just sssumrd it was included as it was stated as being the premium model.

i have a copy of the original advert showing the incorrect spec on both my vehicle and another which he had listed incorrectly (and changed - I have both before and after adverts )

this was his response

“This is what we get from Japan premium, so I don't see a difference in premium and power all off. The spec is written in the description of what the vehicle comes with, like explaining to everyone that each delica has something different like yours had the 3 roofs some have twin power some 1 power etc...

But I am sure you had read the description for each one, that's why you picked this one at the end at the end of the day you have got a very good vehicle high speced up at a very very good price..”

Do I have grounds to recoup some moneys here ?

Comment

If the dealer didn't say what the sound system was in the advert and you expected a 12 speaker quality sound system because all "Premium" models come with the Rockford Fosgate sound system then you have a case and you should point this out to the dealer

Comment

As the sale was by a trader you also have the protection of Consumer Rights Act 2015 Sec 11

Comment

I believe the D5-G Premium also comes with electric seats and tailgate. Did you get those extras? If the dealer described the seat adjustment in the advert how did he describe it?
            Did you view/test drive the vehicle before you bought it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X