• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Liability Static Structures Excavations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liability Static Structures Excavations

Mods I think this is the correct forum.

Anybody have any knowledge of this topic.

A relative recently has had implications with a utility company.

The static structure has been standing for around 80 years. One end of the structure has barely any movement yet the end where there has been ground excavations has seen substantial tilt which is visible

Proving this is a consequence of the excavations is how hard?

Secondly acceleration of any movement in the future due to the excavations is a strong possibility.

The excavations removed part of the static structures foundations so it was left hanging mid air.

Hence repair or fix.

Repairing is back filling the foundations and leaving the wall with the movement is place.

Fixing is a structure rebuild along with new foundations.

Should the structure fail in the future or fall completely responsibility lays where to who if only repair is carried out.

If a repair is carried out by an independent contractor and there is further movement is the contractor liable or the utility company who carried out the excavations.

Any thoughts or experience welcome and advice.

Tags: None

The structure is 120cm tall. 32 cm tilt width 23cm long. Out of plumb by 4cm top to bottom tilt width direction.

Comment

You may need a structural engineer's report. Is it worth reporting this to your insurer?
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

No current house insurance. She let it lapse.

I am a structural engineer. I can see what has happened moreso now understanding the legalities.

Comment

sorry, deleted
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Are you certain it's only 120cm in height?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X