• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unable to contact company,after dangerous boiler installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well looks like I've got no chance, I already have to borrow money for the repairs...to keep the heating running as I am currently caring for my mother of 86 yrs old..bye bye Xmas.
    thank everyone for your input
    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Billywhiz View Post
      DES8 thanks for your reply.
      that's interesting , when cadent came out and my gas engineer ,we were chatting about wether this is a dodgy company, they both said to get on the contract list to install the eco scheme grants ,the company's have to pay 40k ??
      Do you know if this is illegal to give wrong address ,especially to gas safe
      Thank you so much
      Have you gone back to Gas Safe with details of the company you have discovered since your first report to them?

The address might not be wrong. They might just have changed name of the house.

Your energy company are the channel through which the installers are paid.... have you tried contacting them?

Comment

Hi Des8,
        yes gas safe are unable to contact them also.
        They sent an inspector out to inspect work ,the company have not left a building regulation certificate either.
        It appears gas safe certificate are not worth the money they're written on...even though they have put wrong reg number,wrong address and phone number...they don't do anything..you'd think they would strike them off register or something!
        I've contacted my energy company, they are not funding it,but they said any energy company can.
        Contacted wirral Council, they have no details or as of yet building regs certificate from the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Billywhiz View Post
          Reply to Echat11, I filled an online form in through wirral council online..maybe government website.
          it was a free grant for eco 4 scheme.
          The company then contacted me and said I was eligible and sent a surveyor around before commencing work.
          I took it for granted that the company would be a trusted trader contracted by the government
          Ah, so it was fully government backed, no deposit, shame, consequentially losses would have helped here if paid by Credit Card.

Comment

It seems that Wagon Lane in Bingley is covered by the postcodes BD16 1LT and BD16 1EE.and , BD16 1TS,
            Can't find Martyn Ford House in a web search, but if you live near enough it might be worth a visit to Wagon Lane or nearby Dowley Gap Business Park which does have postcode BD16 1 WA
            Whilst there you could make enquiries

Comment

Ahh BD161WA is the postcode on companies house.
              unfortunately I live in wirral.
              so it could be dowley gap.
              Why doesn't any authorities check addresses.
              Big massive can of worms this has turned out to be.
              Boiler is now not working properly, no warranty due to installation problems

Comment

Local councillor - a real person - tell them the story. If they are any good they will help (I speak as one myself)

Comment

Hi islandgirl, I've phoned both mp and councillor a few times and sent emails,awaiting reply from both.
                  thanks for your time and replies.

Comment

Keep at them! Especially your local councillor. Make an appointment to see them!

Comment

Hi all again.
                      if I proceed to court.
                      Do I need a solicitor fill out claim documents?

If the company doesn't respond..is it up to myself to try and find address, to have any outcome/ retrieve payment for repairs.?
                      could I also claim for the boiler now not having a manufacturers warranty?
                      just trying to decide wether to cut my loses and protect my health from all the stress.
                      thanks

Comment

You are not the only one i had a replacement boiler fitted November 2023 and still not completed like you complained to Eco4 offgem gas safe no one is interested theses so called companies are taking the piss left me with holes in walls cupboards ripped off kitchen wall the must be something that cam be done this Eco4 grant is just a licence for them to print money.
                        . WHY aren't these people checked out they should be in prison for damages.None of the paper worked checked out reg numbers company house wrong address ect if you get anywhere please let me know i don't know where to turn next.

Comment

Contact your MP.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X