• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Insurance company not paying out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance company not paying out

Hi. Not sure if this is the right forum but I’m after some advice please. I had a work issue which led to depression and was not working for over two years before I eventually left my employer. My employer stopped paying me fairly early on. They did send me forms to fill for a salary protection scheme. The insurance company refused to pay claiming that I was capable of doing other work if I worked for another employer. My therapist at the time told me that this is very unusual. I tried to complain to the ombudsman but they were not helpful. I left my employer over a year ago now and am still unable to even apply for work- which I feel proves that their assumption was incorrect and self-serving. I am just living on savings no . I feel very angry about the fact that the insurance company refused to honour the policy. They also were very flippant with my privacy requirements for them not to share my data with my employer. As the policy was in my employer’s name (but with me as the beneficiary) I am wondering if there is anything I can do. Ideally, I would find someone on a no win no fee but not sure if there are firms out there who would do this with this type of case. Can anyone advise me please?
    Tags: None

Duplicate post.

You already asked this identical question on...

Can I sue the insurance company? - LegalBeagles Forum
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X