• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

tv licence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv licence

Hi. A TV licence agent came a-knocking a couple of weeks ago. I told him I didn't have a telly. I don't remember what he said about contacting them to let them know, but I didn't contact them. This morning I received a letter saying an investigation had been opened! What are they up to, how far do their powers go exactly? I don't feel like I need to let anybody know that I don't watch telly, or why.
    Tags: None

I can't add much, I'm sure other members will -

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/visit

Comment

Originally posted by Starfish38 View Post
      Hi. A TV licence agent came a-knocking a couple of weeks ago. I told him I didn't have a telly. I don't remember what he said about contacting them to let them know, but I didn't contact them. This morning I received a letter saying an investigation had been opened! What are they up to, how far do their powers go exactly? I don't feel like I need to let anybody know that I don't watch telly, or why.
      Dont worry about the letter! i get one a month as i have not had a tv for 7 years. T

Comment

If it's an error, why not sort it out?

Comment

I have twice tried to post a reply. no links. so this is a test post to see what is going on here.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Does the OP watch 'television' on any other device such as phone, ipad or computer?
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

It seems that the acronym for British Broadcasting Corporation causes a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                It seems that the acronym for British Broadcasting Corporation causes a problem!
                The website filter, doing it's stuff.

Comment

If you have checked the rules and you definitely don't need a TV Licence you can just ignore them and refuse to let them into your home. Their standard "we have started an investigation" letters are meaningless threats. They have no right of entry to your home.

You aren't legally obliged to explain to them why your house does not have a TV licence nor allow them access (unless they have a court order) nor let them inspect devices. If you want to tell them why you don't need a TV licence you can do it on their website. I've heard that doing this only stops their letters for about a year then they start all over agin.

Telling us you don't need a TV Licence - TV Licensing ™
                  All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X