• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Just Eat refusing to refund failed delivery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Eat refusing to refund failed delivery

Hi. I placed an order with JustEat a few days ago and followed the progress on the map. The driver went right past my building and instead of seeing them come back my way, the update "delivered" showed.
    I re-ordered and received it. However, I could not contact them by any other means than a message facility. I did this two or three times and have not had a reply from that method. I spent ages trying to find a contact number, without success. I did find a number that put me through to another area of their company and that person guided me to their online chat facility, which I would not have (and did not) found otherwise. Their chat agent said that I would not be refunded due to their policy, I ask what policy and he would not tell me. This is the exchange:
    Kieran W joined the chat
    Kieran W
    Hello, my name is Kieran W. How can I help you today?

Hello
    I placed an order a few days ago and did not receive it. I followed the progress on the map and the driver went right past my building. I expected them to turn back, but while they were further down the road, the information was updated to "delivered".
    Kieran W
    I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your order number so I can look into that for you now?

I re-ordered and that delivery was successful. HOwever, I will need a refund from the failed delivery. Clearly there could not have been another number 26 down the same road.
    Kieran W
    I've checked your Just Eat account, including your order history. Based on this review, we've had to decline your request in this instance. I know this may not be the outcome you were looking for and appreciate your understanding.

why?
    Kieran W
    While I am unable to discuss the specifics of our investigation process I can confirm this decision is in line with policy and we will be unable to overturn this.

which policy?
    Kieran W
    As I have stated I am unable to discuss the specifics of our investigation process policy.
    Can I help you with anything else?

I have paid money for something I did not receive. I am entitled to a refund. And nobody has the right to keep someone's money without at least explaining it.
    Is there a complaints number or legal department contact details?
    Kieran W
    You can find details for our head office on our website. However as stated I have rejected your request in line with policy in which you have accepted in the terms and conditions. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    Can I help you with anything else?

Can they really refuse to refund my money?

Thanks.

Tags: None

Have you read their Terms and Conditions?
    IMO whoever was responsible for delivering the food is the party you should be chasing, be that Justeat, the restaurant or someone else

Comment

How did you pay?

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, why it's unfair (include the transcript) and what you want them to do about it.

Email your complaint to:

Jitse Groen
      CEO
      Just Eat Takeaway

Jitse.Groen@takeaway.com

Comment

Did you pay by credit card? If so, you can take it up with the card company.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
          Did you pay by credit card? If so, you can take it up with the card company.
          Or debit card Chargeback.

Comment

deleted

Comment

Hi, thanks for your replies, but I've just received a paypal email saying I received the refund!

Comment

good news - it shows that this forum works!
                Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X