• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gym Membership price inrease mid-contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym Membership price inrease mid-contract

Hey,

Hope everyone is doing great.

I am signed up to a 12 month contract with Nuffield Health. They notified me today that the price is going up by £4 to £44.
    I'd quite like to end the contract if I can, not least because I am not using it and neither does my partner who has a separate membership and signed up at the same time in September 2022.

I had to search their website to find the terms and conditions, as they were not on the membership agreement which I signed. Instead it said I agree to be bound by the membership T&Cs which will be emailed to me and available at the company website (no direct link to T&Cs, just main web address). The thing is I checked my emails and I never received the T&Cs by email. But I have received a number of marketing emails, even though I never ticked the box to agree to those.

When I eventually found the T&Cs today, it states that in these circumstances, I can write to them to cancel my membership, that I will still need to pay the increased fee until the end of the 12 month contract. After that I an request a refund for the difference paid between the old price and new price.

It seems an odd way of doing business but I wonder if the fact I never received any email with T&Cs on it, if I can get out that way?

I have not emailed them yet as I wanted to see if I could find out what my rights are in these circumstances, before approaching them.

This is in Scotland, I might add, but thought/hoped the laws in this area may be similar or the same as the rest of the UK.

Thanks for your time.

Tags: None

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/sc...ym-membership/

Comment

That's great, thanks. Info was very useful!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X