• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car trouble

Hello

I am not too sure where to start with this so I will provide a summary here.

I own a car that encountered an engine problem that in my opinion would not normally be expected on a car of this age (5 years) or any age come to think of it. I personally believe the problem results in a safety issue. In the USA over 200,000 vehicles were recalled for the same problem on a different car (same manufacturer) with what I believe is the same or near identical engine. The fix is a fairly simple one from what I can tell, and the part is not a standard consumable or needs any attention or replacement on service or maintenance schedules.

There is no recall in the UK but several people have reported the same thing happening on cars with this engine and another similar engine on some UK forums.

I purchased the car two years ago from a main dealer and had the car serviced and MOTd at a main dealer about 1 year ago.

My car broke down the other week and I asked my local indi garage to investigate the fault and report back to me. They identified the symptoms and cause to tally with those vehicles recalled in the USA and what a few others in the UK have reported so I asked them to fix it.

Is there any point taking this up with the manufactuers UK head office? I would like them to pay the labour and parts costs because this is a known issue, there has been a recall in another country and should not be happening on a 5 year old car. The bill was around £400

If there is any merit in taking this up with them how should I go about it?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X