• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Responsibility for introducing a product/service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Responsibility for introducing a product/service

I have a home insurance that I paid extra for legal service advice and protection with a well known high street banking institution . It’s not a service i have used before, but felt when needed it was always there for me to rely on .

The issue is that the company that controls the legal service appears to have allocated a solicitor that may have no experience in handling a professional negligence claims I say may as all the web site information suggestion they do yet when asking a question concerning a letter received we were advised by them we should contact a solicitor that deals with professional negligence ??

I have obviously complained to the company who allocates and controls this side of the insurance policy, but all we get is that they are waiting for a response from the solicitor concerned and will be in touch in 5-6 days … This has happened three times now and with no response to date we requested a change of solicitor . This they say they cannot do at this stage until they have had a reply from the allocated solicitor? I have contacted this solicitor requesting a change and they have referred me back to the management company ? I asked as I had it in writing from the solicitor to find another solicitor who deals with professional negligence what was the issue to change to another solicitor as part of their board … The response was they wanted to clarify if they could handle the case? I explained they already had a copy of the email suggesting to find another solicitor, but they were adamant they wanted to wait for a reply . My question to them was if they were unsure if the company could handle a professional negligence case , then why were we allocated them with no reference or choice to ourselves … the response was because they were on their panel of solicitors ? I argued that how can you give a case to a solicitor when you knew what the case was about, yet designated a solicitor without any thought as to if they had the experience or manpower to offer an effective service, the response was that is what we are waiting for a response for ?

Not satisfied with this answer I visited the local branch today and with difficulty did manage to speak with a manager although he was reluctant to do so . The outcome was to be honest a waste of time as is stance was that the any additions to insurances are introductions only and there is no responsibility to the company at all . It’s all the responsibility of the people running the insurance policy … This I disagreed as if the service offered is not fit for purpose , then the introductions are misleading . The outcome was that he disagreed and that despite showing him a graph of complaints exceeding the compliments for the company, his suggestion was to contact the over riding company to raise the complaint further but not with them . He gave me a contact name and number which I did ring when I got home , and it was the same company that was dealing with my complaint with the solicitor who doesn’t reply ……A bit long winded , sorry about that, but surely the company that sold me the insurance policy has a duty of care and just not fob me off with it being just an introduction , and secondly isn’t there a duty of care by the managing company to offer a solicitor with the relevant experience to deal with the claim and not just pick a solicitor at random without any due care or diligence as to the suitability of the solicitor ? I have bypassed my local branch and spoke with head office this afternoon, I await the response in the next three days … But who is right here , can it be brushed off as being and introduction and no responsibilities ? Doesn’t seem right to me especially as I pay extra for this service ?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X