• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bought faulty used car on finance. Options?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought faulty used car on finance. Options?

Hi all. I bought a car on finance from a small independent dealer a month ago. I used partner’s credit card for part of the deposit, the remainder via debit card payment also in his name.

Car keeps stalling when trying to move off from traffic lights, and I now have to rev it quite hard to keep it from stalling. The coolant seems to be leaking.

The temperature gauge warning light has started coming on consistently in the last few days, indicating it’s overheating. The heating has also stopped working. On doing an internet search it could be the radiator issue?

I’ve taken it to my local mechanic who hooked it up to diagnostics and it came back clear. There’s a warranty on the car which covers a limited amount for repairs/ diagnosis.

How do I go about getting this sorted?

1. Should I go through the warranty? ( cover is up to a limited amount)
    2. Approach the seller first?
    3. Try another mechanic to get a diagnosis before trying above options?
    4. If it comes to it, do I have any right to section 75 protection even though credit card used for part of the deposit even though credit card is not on in my name?

Any help is much appreciated.
    Tags: None

First of all, you should know if the radiator is the problem, simply as to the amount of water you have to refill it with, the second problem is it is possibly the head gasket has developed a leak. possible that would show on diagnostics, but not certain, last of all have you contacted the seller as it is their responsibility to fix all the problems, I am guessing you had done this, is that why you want to look for a refund from the cards ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X