• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car dealer won’t reply to my complaint letter under The Consumer Rights Act 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car dealer won’t reply to my complaint letter under The Consumer Rights Act 2015

Hello, I’ve bought a used car from a car dealer on the 20/11/22. I’ve test driven the car and all seemed fine. Two days later while I was on my way to work, the car’s dashboard came up with an engine light on. I’ve taken the car to the nearest garage and asked to check it out and was told there is an error in fuel pressure pump as well as the leaking oil from the head gasket and was quoted £600 to get it fixed.

I’ve then contacted the seller on the 22/11/22 about the issues and was completely ignored saying there is nothing they can do.

I’ve done some research and decided to send a complaint letter on the 27/11/22 via email and post asking for a refund under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 but haven’t hear back. I am now asking for help with the next step as the trader didn’t get back to me within 14 days.

Tags: None

Please see attached letter I’ve sent
    Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone advise when what are my options please

Comment

Your next step appears to be as indicated in the final paragraph of your letter: issue a county court claim. I assume that although letting the matter rest is an option, it is not one that you wish to consider.

MPORTANT: check the status of the dealer from order form, invoices etc. Is it an individual or a Limited Company?

The website starcarsalesbedford.co.uk states: "Company information: Mr M Tariq T/A Star Car Sales Bedford".

I have also found on Companies House Star Car Sales Bedford LTD (Company number 11044843).

You must check that you are bringing action against the correct defendant.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

You might want to look at the 30% of reviews that give only 1 star:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/dealers...0?refresh=true
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thanks Atticusgor your suggestions.

After reading all their 1 start reviews I think getting any money back will be really hard.

I think I will need to take them to court but nor sure it is worth it money wise…

I believe this car place is trading after many different name. Are there any places I could report this business?

this is the only paper I’ve signed and received when making a payment

Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X