• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Van insurance renewal quote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van insurance renewal quote

I have been sent a renewal quote for my van insurance, the price gives three options for payment, monthly with a deposit, monthly without a deposit & to pay in full (annual). The price quoted seems extremely low, my question is, what are my rights regarding them having to honour the price quoted for the full one off payment?

many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Are you saying that the pay in full price is significantly cheaper than the other two?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Yes it is, I haven’t got quite on me at moment but actually in the quote you can select a one off payment of (I think it was) £46 for the year or £48 per month by direct debit. Im thinking it must be an error in the wording.

Comment

ATTICUS I have this photo of quote..

Comment

Those figures look about right
          £44 for the year paid up fronrt, but pushing £50 per year if paid in instalments

Comment

I agree. The OP has misread the quote. There is no significant discrepancy.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi again, so sorry I messed up in my understanding when my son pointed out issue.
              The insurance last year with this company was over £400 for the year. This is why the renewal quote received year (both in writing and via email) for the same vehicle and cover is surprisingly low.
              If I accept and select the quote to pay the £44.16 for year and they have made an error can they take more than the £44.16 stated and if they take the £44.16 can they change the quote if I don’t query it? Where do I legally stand on this?

Comment

You may be better asking why and how the quote is so low.

Comment

I just wanted to know if once I’ve accepted their quote and they’ve have taken my payment can they demand more funds?

Comment

When I was working in the insurance industry we always stood by our quotes (even if ridiculously low) if they were taken up by the insured.

Now a days I wouldn't be surprised for them to shout "mistake" and try and wriggle out of it.

Why not just pay the annual amount and see what happens?
                    If they accept the money and issue you with the renewal certificate before asking for extra I think you would be in a strong position to claim the contract was formed when they accepted your money and they could not now change it

Comment

My last insurance for a van was in the region of £200 + and that was just for domestic, not goods, so you surely must have realized that quote was wrong, I ponder if you had excepted the quote and then had a claim made against you, in all cases you must be truthful when entering a contract with Insurance, me I would question the quote offered, as you must know it is a mistake on their part.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X