• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Exchange or Refund?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange or Refund?

Hi, I recently bought a Magnetic Iphone Charger.. My Iphone is in a case that doesn't work with the new stand.
    If I take the phone out of the case, it happily 'sticks' to the charger

So .. I decided to buy a new case - a 'Magsafe case' which would work with the charger

Yesterday, I went to a local mobile phone shop and explained what I wanted and they sold me a case that they said would do the job.

I tried the case and it does not work with my charger, In fact it doesn't 'stick' even without the phone in it.

To me, this is not fit for purpose and I decided to return it. They refused to refund me as the product wasn't broken and demonstrated it on a magnet in the shop.

And they offered me an exchange which I declined.

I asked for a refund and they pointed out that they don't offer refunds.

Do I have any rights to get a refund as I simply don't trust them
    Tags: None

Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA"2015)sec 10 basically requires goods supplied by the trader to be fit for the particular purpose which the consumer made known to the trade.
    If supplied goods are not fit for purpose the consumer is entitled to a refund (CRA 2015 sec 19 &20)

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA"2015)sec 10 basically requires goods supplied by the trader to be fit for the particular purpose which the consumer made known to the trade.
      If supplied goods are not fit for purpose the consumer is entitled to a refund (CRA 2015 sec 19 &20)
      Thanks for this. I'm seeing conflicting information on other pages.

There's no chance they will deal with me, they seem very angry that I even insisted on a refund.

They pointed out to me a 'no refund' clause written on a sticker on the counter - which they hadn't mentioned to me when I bought it and apparently this allows them to 'ignore' the consumer rights act?

Comment

It is illegal to exclude a consumer's statutory rights, so return and tell them they are about to be reported to trading standards.

I don't knpw how much money we are talking about, but a promise to report your dealings on social media might be a better way forward than threatening court action

Comment

It is illegal to exclude a consumer's statutory rights, so return and tell them they are about to be reported to trading standards.

I don't knpw how much money we are talking about, but a promise to report your dealings on social media might be a better way forward than threatening court action
          Honestly, It's only a tenner, but it's the principle.

Comment

Well you now know your rights and their responsibilities!

Whether or not itb is worth putting any effort into enforcing them is entitrely your choice ..... I'd probably go down the pub!

Comment

Well you now know your rights and their responsibilities!

Whether or not itb is worth putting any effort into enforcing them is entitrely your choice ..... I'd probably go down the pub!
              You might be right there

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X