• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

vehicle rejected under CRA - rejection accepted but no refund forthcoming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd update this.

So the Breathing Space period has now been and gone. I did attempt to get them removed from it but the Debt Advisor rejected this but still ended up transferring them to another provider on the basis of their debt not being eligible. The mind boggles.

Now back into the realms of trying to recover the debt and have been presented with a frankly ridiculous 'offer' of a monthly payment that would take nigh on 9 years to repay the debt.

The saga continues . . .

Comment

I got a charging order and low-ish monthly payment. Only got full payment when he wanted to sell the house...

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
        I got a charging order and low-ish monthly payment. Only got full payment when he wanted to sell the house...
        Before Breathing Space started I had completed the forms for a charging order but put them on hold, obviously.

I intend getting the forms submitted now that I'm able to.

Comment

Yes of course you had to hold back. You have nothing to lose by putting one on and it does not stop you getting regular payments off the bill (which should also grow due to interest being charged)

Comment

An update . . .

After an extremely frustrating process of multiple rejections of my application form for a Charging Order (each rejection came up with a different reason for rejection) I have thankfully now been granted an Interim Charging Order.

I've not been able to find anything conclusive when searching but my understanding is that I now need to serve this order on the Debtor. Within the letter I received there is a copy of the order addressed to me, and also a further copy with the debtor's address on - I am not sure whether by default this has already been sent to the debtor?

Can anyone with any experience advise on the best route for doing this; my current thoughts are with a covering letter, by signed for post to their address, along with a copy of the application form for the charging order. I also understand I need to serve the notice to anyone else who has an interest in the property / land (of which I know of one other person).

Just wanting to check as I don't want to do anything wrong which may come back to bite me when consideration is given to a final order.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X