• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

caught shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caught shoplifting

Right now I am in a very traumatic situation, most of it down to my own doing.

I was caught shoplifting at Tesco. and the same day i was shoplifting from 3 other shops but did not get caught

went to Tesco, picked some stuff worth £30 and put them in my bag

exit the main door and security guard and the manger followed ask me to go back to store

I was taken to a back room where I was asked to take the stuff out
    then call the shopping mall security
    they proceeded to check my bag.

I tried to tell them that it was my first time .

took my driving licenence

they did not call the police. but they took my photo and and let me go

At this point I blurted out all about myself.

I have been under a lot of stress the last few years because my marriage was fragile and later diagnosed with depression

I take anti depressants and a pill to sleep every night.

I kept apologising, telling them I don't know why I did it.

took my driving licence and wrote down my details in his notebook.

said that if I was caught next time I would be in very serious trouble with the law.
    said that the store is banning me from coming here.
    I didn't get any paper from Tesco or asked to sign anything by Tesco

Back home, I can't stop shaking since yesterday.

Despite the sleeping pill I haven't had much sleep last night.

I keep thinking that the police will turn up wanting to arrest me for all the earlier shoplifting I have done.

That I might go to jail and there will be no one to look after my child.

You might wonder, why I do it. I do too.

certainly don't need to steal

And now, I am in such a state, don't know what to do.

Call me what you will but please help me with some answers.

1. Is the police coming after me for my earlier thievery for which I haven't been caught?

and if i still have stolen staff from other shops should i return it

can they build a case against me

did they tell the police .

i am really frightened and shaking . please help me

This incident has been an eye opener for me.

I am never ever going to shoplift again.

What happened perhaps was good in a way that it will finally put a stop to the crime I have been committing.

However, unable to calm down, I am in a state of perpetual panic, feeling very depressed and scared that my life has come to an end like this but most of all feeling terrible for my child
    Tags: None

Nothing more will happen.

You may get a letter asking you to pay toward the cost of Tesco security. The standard advice here is to ignore such letters (you may get more than one).

Above all do not do it again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X