• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car issues with dealer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used car issues with dealer

I bought a used car from a dealer at the end of May 2022. Last week my mam noticed oil on my drive so I contacted him. He was quite nasty saying how have I just noticed it now etc but told me to bring the car to a garage he uses. I’ve took the car this morning. The mechanic at the garage who I spoke to at 3pm told me that when he put it on the ramp it was covered in oil underneath etc and that 3 parts needed replaced and that he had spoken to the dealer and he said to go ahead and do the work. The dealer has just rang me at 5pm and said that he will pay for an old leak but there’s a new one and its going to cost me. I told him I spoke to the mechanic and he never mentioned more than one leak. He then said if you don’t want to pay towards it around £50 I will cancel all the work. I’ve looked up my rights and it’s within 6 month of having car so by law he has to fix it as his cost.
    I don’t think I should have to pay the £50 and was wondering what I should do. I’ve looked up letters on citizens advice and they obviously won’t be able to be written and sent by tomorrow when the car will be fixed and ready for me to pick up.
    can anyone advise? He’s quite an abrupt man the dealer
    Tags: None

duplicate thread
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X