• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrong unit fitted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong unit fitted

Hi all
    may I thank anyone giving advice in advance.

we are nearing the completion of having our kitchen fitted by a well known company. No problem with the fitter or his workmanship.

The problem basically starts when ordering the kitchen. We decided on the kitchen and all the appliances and paid the deposit. The designer then left the company and another designer took over. 6 weeks prior to the installation we got a call from the designer asking for us to go into the show room for a meeting and on doing so was told there was a major problem getting the oven and combioven/microwave.
    The designer manage to find the two items of the same make but one being an up grade and the other being a slight down grade on what we originally ordered but with the added cost of around £250 The designer said if we paid for the kitchen in full that day the appliances would be guaranteed due to them being such a large company.
    While we we in there we did go through the details of the rest of the kitchen and took her over to a special corner unit we wanted and just generally check it out it was exactly what we wanted.

So the kitchen was delivered and the driver explained there were a few panels and one door missing and these were to follow on.
    On inspecting what had come we noticed the microwave/combi oven was not there so rang the designer.
    We explained the appliance was missing and she told us it should of been delivered with the kitchen. She when tiff to check our notes and came back and informed us the was a note on our notes with the information they could not source the appliance.
    After severally days we managed to source the microwave/
    combi oven.

Anyway the kitchen fitting started and on day two when the fitter left my wife noticed the special corner unit was a completely different design to the one we wanted. We contacted the showroom and apparently the designer was on holiday.
    So we spoke to another member of staff and explained the situation and they inform us that the corner unit that had been fitted was the correct one on the order. They apparently call it a magical corner unit. On inspection of the order and design plan I must agree that that particular corner unit the fitter had fitted was called a magical corner unit. They inform us the one we wanted was called by a different name, but as I informed them the one we wanted could well of been called a magical corner unit to us as it was the only one the original designer showed us.

So I would I be right in thinking the company would need to replace the unit at considerable cost approximately £1800 bearing in mind two designers knew what we wanted or would we have to bear these costs due to the unit being on the order form and the design plan.
    I must also point out the design plan never showed the inside of the unit otherwise we would of noticed the mistake.
    we will also be looking at some compensation if possible for all the hassle we have had to endure.

sorry for the long winded post
    bomber99

Tags: None

My simple answer is that it's your "money it is your choice", strange how when you complain he/she is away on holiday, or sorry it missed loading on the lorry, time for some strong words.

Comment

In my opinion the key will be some proof of the unit you wanted being part of the design. If you have that, you should be able to get the correct one installed. If not then it will be a more uphill battle (unless the designer agrees with you and is prepared to support your claim). I hope you get it sorted quickly. Personally I would not be looking for compensation just the correct unit fitted FOC and ASAP!

Comment

Hi all thanks for your responses

had a rather long discussion with a manager at head office today and we came to an agreement that they would refund us £500 rather than rip out the unit to fit the one we actually wanted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X