• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Domestic & General insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic & General insurance

I have an issue with Domestic & General insurance for an oven. They have generally been very approachable and their insurance products work. However, I have an issue with their billing, which I have appealed on twice, and twice they have dismissed my claim.
    We had a problem with our oven earlier this year. An engineer for the brand came, and advised that our insurance was based on a cooker, and not an oven.
    I called D&G advised them of this and they promptly cancelled our existing policy and set up a new one. However, the price was £10 a month cheaper, so great.
    I then asked them to review our past premiums as I contented that they knew that they were covering an 'oven' rather than a 'cooker'. I was not even aware of the term distinction being that a cooker is freestanding and an oven is built in.
    As the oven was 17 years old, this was a rather large overpayment. From the outset, they have the details of the oven, brand, model no and serial no.
    Not only that, but the oven in question is a Neff, and Neff do not manufacture cookers.
    Yours thoughts on a small claim or a complaint to the FCA.
    Thank you.
    Tags: None

IMO you would have difficulty withn a claim for "overpayment"
    Effectively you requested insurance cover for an item,
    You gave them the details and they quoted you a price which you accepted.
    The fact that it was outside their normal range is neither here nor there

If the matter was reversed and they discovered you had been quoted a price below their normal premiums, would you agree to pay them for their mistake?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X