• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Exam works investigator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam works investigator

Examworks investigation services HELP!

not sure I’ve posting in the right forum sorry. An investigation officer from exam works turned up at my house 4 years after a an accident where a taxi driver emergency stopped for no reason. Police were called checked details ect. I was insured with the garage I was working at under traders. Never managed to tell the boss/policy holder as I was told when I called he had done a runner out of the area(ran off with some money) Anyway never heard anything until this investigator turned up saying he needs a statement from me and it looked like the taxi driver is trying to prosecute me for personal injury and is starting court proceedings. I’ve had no letters or any communication about this before hand. Just after some advice really. Can he just turn up like that? Am I obligated to speak with him?
    thanks in advance
    Tags: None

who are Exam Works employed by...Presumably the taxi driver or a claims company.

In any event i would not speak to him, (except perhaps to tell him the Limitation Act 1980 sets a time limit of 3 years for personal injury claims) and tell him to refer all enquiries to the insurers. The information regarding your insurers would have been given to the taxi driver at the time, and could be ascertained from the police report.

At the same time you should inform the insurers who issued the trader's policy of this development.
    They are the ones to whom Exam Works should address their enquiries, and because of the existence of this policy you should not discuss the incident with the third party as you may inadvertently prejudice your insurer's position

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I have no idea who the insurer is. I did say can you not find out from police records and he said I would need to sign something to allow access. Is this a good idea?

Comment

Get the police records yourself, if that is possible, and then give him the name of the insurer and policy number.
        The claimant should already have that info anyway.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X