• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car dealer refuses to repair, let me reject and has now sold car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's been some progress...the dealer is now saying they will give me a full refund plus costs as long as I agree to cancel the section 75 claim, close the Police case, remove the negative reviews etc AFTER they've refunded me.

I've pointed out to them that I can't promise to remove the negative reviews as they now belong to the review companies and all I can do is ask the review companies to delete my negative but factual reviews. The dealer obviously doesn't like this and keeps saying I have to agree to delete the reviews.

Is the dealer able to add additional demands (such as the ones above) rather than just paying within 14 days as per the CRA 2015 Act?

(It's now been over a month since I formally rejected the car, and approaching 1 month since the dealer sold the car to someone else)

The credit card company are now taking the case to their legal team to work out next steps.

Thanks,
    JBoss

Comment

Case closed!

The dealer eventually made a full refund for the cost of the car, the new tyres that I'd put on it and some other costs.

I believe they did this partly because the debit card company refunded me the amount I'd paid on a debit card and the the credit card company was breathing down their necks and threatening to go all legal on them.

They paid in full in early December 2021 and that's now the end of the matter.

Thanks for your help,
      JBoss

Comment

thanks for the update

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X