• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Door provider refuses to provide installer details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door provider refuses to provide installer details

Hello,

I hope this is a simple question. we have recently moved and there is an issue with one of the bi-fold doors. I have the paperwork for the warranty and the installer details in there are actually the doors provider. I have contacted them and explained the issue and they have been, in turn, reached to the manufacturer who explained the reason why, the installer didn't do the job following their instructions. The provider then told me I would need to contact the installer but I have no details about them and asked them to provide me with the info. They have come back saying that, even though they could do some digging to find out, they are not legally allowed given I was not the one purchasing the door and that the door is inherited.
    I understand privacy laws have changed over time but I would have thought they could provide those details if there was an issue with the installation?
    Just for the record, I am unable to contact the original purchaser.
    Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Hi ILUPAP

Get the yellow pages, see who locally stocks and installs that brand of door, there probably won't be too many that do. Just ring them, they should have records.

Comment

Thanks for that, but I would need to get a list of installers, then check if they stock the brand and then ask them if they installed any of them at home. The installer could be not local which would increase the search area.
      If needed be, I could do that but, I think at that point it'd be easier to pay someone to rectify the issue instead.
      What I am asking is if they can legally refuse to provide the information to save me the legwork given I am the owner of the house (and the door) and I have the warranty paperwork for the door too.

Comment

Originally posted by iluap View Post
        Thanks for that, but I would need to get a list of installers, then check if they stock the brand and then ask them if they installed any of them at home. The installer could be not local which would increase the search area.
        If needed be, I could do that but, I think at that point it'd be easier to pay someone to rectify the issue instead.
        What I am asking is if they can legally refuse to provide the information to save me the legwork given I am the owner of the house (and the door) and I have the warranty paperwork for the door too.
        I think the best people to ask are the ICO - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/

I think the company are right in what they are saying in that they can not provide those details, as fustrating as it maybe.

The Data Protection Principles are pretty strict. Especially with regards to what companies are permitted to share.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X