• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amazon account hacked. Impossible situation needs resolving. Where do I stand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon account hacked. Impossible situation needs resolving. Where do I stand?

Last week, my Amazon account was hacked twice. Each time it happened I contacted Amazon and they said a block would be put on my account and I would receive an email from the fraud dept. None of this happened and my account was hacked a third time with the hacker setting up two-factor-authentication. It's now impossible to get back into my Amazon account. Amazon have been informed of this but don't seem able to assist. Unbelievable! They also informed me they are unable to provide a refund for the goods fraudulently purchased. How is this acceptable??! I want a refund!

I've contacted my bank but they're unable to help until after 15 days. Meanwhile my account is overdrawn and I have no spare money for direct debits that are due.

Trying to speak to someone that can help is absolutely impossible! I just want the situation rectified asap.

Does anyone have any advice?
    Tags: None

Hi SMITHY56

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such.

Email it to:

Mr John Boumphrey
    Managing Director
    UK Country Manager
    1 Principle Place
    Worship Street
    London EC2A 2FA

managingdirector@amazon.co.uk

Explain what's happened in detail, dates etc, that you reported it and found yourself in the same position again. It's happened 3 times now. Explain that you want the money refunded because you have direct debits going out etc.

File a report with Action Fraud. You could include the reference number in your email to Managing Director.

How much has been debited from your account?

Comment

Thanks for the reply and advice. Already done Action Fraud so will include that ref' with a letter as mentioned.

Amount taken was approx' £300 over a couple of cards (which have since been cancelled)

Comment

I had the same problem - it seems someone managed to get hold of my e-mail account password. I called Amazon and they reset my account, only for it to happen again, which is when I came to the conclusion that my e-mail account had been compromised. I think it is wise not to use the same password for different websites/logins, as that is what leads to this kind of problem (some websites are easily hacked it seems).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X