• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Persimmon Homes refund?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persimmon Homes refund?

Hi everyone. We reserved a Persimmon new build recently. It's a very small, terraced house, was fine for our needs and budget. We are moving from a flat where we have suffered lots of problems that I won't bore you with.
    I am on chemotherapy and do have cancer, I was deemed medically unfit to work and took ill health retirement, I'm only in my 30s! So as you can imagine our income isn't the best anymore, but we cope.
    We went for Persimmon Home Change incentive and paid £100 reservation fee and then we just got to the point of about to market our flat. We had to pay £400 for our home report and valuation (scotland). We then were told we had to order the extras for the new build, this is things like garden taps, wardrobes etc. We asked could we not pay later and they said no we need 20% of extras up front. We didn't order a large amount, kept it very modest and had to pay £280. Now we have been told by the bank that the Persimmon house has been valued too high and they'll not provide a mortgage to suit this. Or we would have to pay the excess, which we don't have. They reckon the house is only worth £150k, Persimmon are selling for £175k. We had been given a mortgage in principle for £175k hence the reason we proceeded ahead, it's just a shame the bank couldn't have valued it earlier.

Do you think there is any chance we could possibly get any of the extras money we paid from Persimmons? I know to some it's only £280 but to us that's about four weeks food shopping for us and our daughter and let's face it Persimmons aren't strapped for cash.

As the market is so volatile now and we have a strict budget, we will likely only be able to go for a fixed price house and finding them is like gold dust. So we have decided we will sell our flat and sadly rent, even with rent being very high, we just need peace and a place to help me rest and recuperate. Before anyone says try getting a council house etc believe me we have tried, they aren't interested, even when you have cancer.
    Tags: None

Hi Depressedsad

Email a letter to:

Dean Finch
    Group Chief Executive
    Persimmon House Group
    Fulford
    York YO19 4FE

dean.finch@persimmonhomes.com

Explain what's happened, that it was out of your hands that you could not go ahead with the purchase, explain your health / circumstances, explain you'd be grateful if they could refund the outlay for extras under the circumstances. Hopefully this is something they can and should do.
    Last edited by echat11; 11th July 2021, 17:38:PM.

Comment

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Can you post a copy of the contract you signed here?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X