• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CRA Reporting - TM Legal Services / Perch Capital.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRA Reporting - TM Legal Services / Perch Capital.

Hi,

I am looking for some advice in regards to an email I have received from TM Legal Services.

with ‘Notice of intention to report to Credit Reference Agencies’

Please see email below section.

“We write to inform you that our Client, Perch Capital Limited (“Perch”), is due to commence reporting the default status of your account(s) to the Credit References Agencies (“CRA’s”) within the next 30 days. The purpose of this communication is to let you know in advance, so you are aware of the impact this may have on your credit file and to give you the opportunity to take action, should you wish.

Can this be prevented?

Yes - if you are in a position to clear the balance on your account(s) within the next 30 days, Perch will not register your account(s) with the CRA’s.

If your current circumstances do not allow you to clear the balance in full, we are instructed by our Client to consider all reasonable offers of settlement. Please contact us to discuss this.

If you settle your account, in part or full, after the default has been registered at the CRA’s, the default will remain visible on your credit file for up to six years. However, the default will reflect that you have settled or satisfied your account.”

So The account in question resulted in a default with the lender, who obviously moved the account onto TM Legal who issued a CCJ against myself. Now I have been repaying TM Legal Services with no issues to know get the above ‘threat?’. Understandably I got myself into a bad position but have made every effort to get everything back on track which I have, and another default would really affect all the hard work I have been doing to remove my past.

I have a couple of questions in regards to this and hope somebody can assist!

1. As this account is registered as a CCJ can a default be registered against it?

2. Perch Capital clearly are not regulated by the FCA so are they able to register a default with CRA’s

3. How can a default be registered against me when I am not 3 months in arrears with TM Legal Services

I have gathered from companies house and a little digging Perch and TM are clearly the same company.

Any advice would be massively appreciated as this is stressing me out and I would like to know how to approach the situation.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

What CCJ? They can't just "obtain" a CCJ, you would have to be sent court papers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X