• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Successful Visa Charge back on faulty car, now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful Visa Charge back on faulty car, now what?

Over a month ago we bought a car from a dealer using our debit card. We went to get new tyres and the garage said the tyres that were on the car werent road legal ans were actually dated from 2001, We had initially planned to replace two but this meant we also had to do the other two, the car was booked in for allignment too. However due to such substantial suspension defects it couldnt be done and would need both arms replacing, along with both front brakes abd brake pads and the rear leaf springs needed sorting too. The car is a grand chrsyler voyager 2003 so parts are slightly more expensive. We were quoted 200 for 4 new tyres and 1115 for all the work that needed to be done. Not including new speakers that they hadnt informed us that would be needed. We contacted the company who offered 100 towards repairs, and also said sold as seen. Not only was this never said it was alsoi never agreed nor signed. They then blocked us on any form of contact going. So i went to moeny advice who told me to contact my bank. provided proof to my bank and they have refunded the money.

The issue I have now is i still have the car, im still having to pay tax and insurance on it. And with the refund the bank gave me I am still out of pocket because i had to replace the tyres before being allowed to leave the garage, the work it needed doing is about the same price as the car cost. What do i do with the car now? Can i sell it? Recoup my lost money and give them the remainder although with the issues its likely to be money owed to me from them.
    Tags: None

You can't sell the car....yet!

If you can park the car off road you could SORN it and cancel the insurance.

You need to write (signed for) to the trader and tell them to collect their vehicle.
    At the same time request reimbursement of your costs.

Warn them that if they do not collect the vehicle within 14 days you will regard yourself as an involuntary bailee and as per the Torts (Interference with Goods ) Act 1977 dispose of the vehicle. Proceeds from the sale, less your costs, are then kept for the owner.

If they collect the vehicle, they still need to reimburse your costs.
    If they fail you could consider making a county court claim for damages.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X