• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cowboy builders walked off job but seeking money via debt collectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy builders walked off job but seeking money via debt collectors

Builder walked off job without completing after I'd paid him for more than half of the work. I didn't ask him to return and was happy to cut my losses, seeking a more reliable replacement.

Since getting in new builders, much of the old work has had to be redone/remedied.

Old builder is now demanding money for "unpaid work" (figures vary wildly each time) via debt collectors.

While I was happy to cut my losses before, the harassment is now getting to me and I intend to take legal action via small claims court. I want compensation for the work I'd paid them to do and that my new builder has had to fix.

Has anyone done this?

I have a report from new builder and will cross-reference with old quote to determine exact sum I will claim for.
    Tags: None

Hi im in this situation - was wondering if you could help me?

Comment

Quite often a Bodget and Leggate (Builder) will act in this way, this is my experience I employed a so-called builder paid him half of the agreed sum, and he employed a bricklayer, the bricklayer started and did two days' work, the builder then sacked him, money gone as well as Bodget and Leggate, Grandaughters experience check all previous jobs he has compleated she then fixes a quote for jobs to be done builder has to sign and agree to price as quoted no problems, in fact, the last job the builder underquoted he had to finish at his cost.

Comment

Scousetime - best for you to ask your own question in an individual place as it may not be exactly the same situation, Give as much detail as possible to obtain the best possible replies. Just start your own thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X