• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Purchased item (Segway!) needs repaired - do I have to use the manufacturers choice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased item (Segway!) needs repaired - do I have to use the manufacturers choice?

Hi,

I was after some advice on something I purchased that needs repaired.

I bought a Segway direct from Ninebot/segway UK and after a few months, unfortunately it's developed a fault. It flashes up a warning number and won't start up properly. It's still under warranty (it's now over 12 months, but it's a 2 year warranty), and after communication with Segway's support, it turns out the fault can't be rectified by me, and it has to go back for repair. So far so good.

So I got it ready for collection, and was about to have it collected that day, when I noticed a slight oddity on the address label they'd supplied me with to print out and stick on the box. Segway UK's repairs are catered for by a company called Sertec, but the address label was a company in Telford, called "Infoteam". As the item was pretty expensive, I decided to check who Infoteam actually were, to make sure it was going to the right place. Turns out Infoteam are actually subcontracted by Sertec to do the repair, but what I discovered about Infoteam from my Google search wasn't good: Here are some of Infoteam's reviews:

https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/infoteam-...d?osq=infoteam

"A laptop broke within 3 weeks, their repair people charged me £270 for fixing it, when it was broken when new. After a month of chasing, Infoteam group repair and remanufacture they finally admit they cannot fix it and will not replace it. They had also said that if they could not repair it after 21 days they would replace it and then they have denied they ever said that.
    It has been constant phone calls to get them to do things and and each one is a broken promise"

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/.../data=!3m1!4b1

"Sent my acer tablet 10inch Iconia one for warranty repair. Came back no fault found. Sent back 2 nd time came back no fault found. Sent it back in for 3rd time same fault , this time they phoned me to say cracked screen warranty void if want repaired will cost me £97. Told them wont pay now sending it back with LCD damage that was not caused by me. One star is too good for them hopeless , unreliable couldn't wind up a watch. Please Avoid at all costs"

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/.../data=!3m1!4b1

"avoid if you can ...very low wages... high stress low quality repairs"

https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Infotea...B&floc=Telford

"Nothing good to say at all
    security (Former Employee) - telford - 17 June 2014
    Stay away. I was on the security team in Telford and they were asking me ( well telling me ) to carry out illegal actions. I can't say anything about the work they carried out but there security policy is a utter joke"

All 1 out 5 star reviews.

I was taken aback by how uniformly bad these reviews were. If they had been in a minority, it wouldn't be so bad, but I can't find one good review for this company.

So after reading those reviews, not only was I not keen on Infoteam doing the repair, I was also concerned I even get the Segway back in a worse condition than when I sent it to them, so I cancelled the collection.

So, I'm still under the 2 year warranty, so I was just wondering what my rights are. If I want a warranty repair of my Segway, do I have any option but to send it to their selected repair outfit? - I told them I was concerned about what I'd read about Infoteam, and asked them if there was any other option as to where I could send it to, and they said no (to be brutally honest, their after sales support isn't the best).

Or could there be a way of getting a third party outfit to repair it, and get Segway to pay for it? Do I have any options, or am I stuck with Infoteam?

Thanks for any help.

Tags: None

In retrospect, I think I probably went into more detail than needed. Sorry for that.

But, anyone?

Comment

Hey mate I just registered because I say this post I know this is gonna sound really random but drop me a message as I’ve got loads to tell you about this ! 07380624677

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X