• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How long to give before asking for a refund legally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to give before asking for a refund legally

I bought an item from a company in Wales for £3900 and £300 delivery with at delivery time estimate of 2 to 3 week, at week two I messaged and asked for an update and was told they have no idea as they are very busy at the moment but they would keep me informed. Today is the day I should have at the latest received it, no update from them or any correspondance.

Question is when can I ask for a refund legally?
    Last edited by Stu; 4th June 2020, 17:27:PM.
    Tags: None

Bought online?
    Are you a consumer or a business?

Comment

Yes bought online and a consumer, paid on a credit card I would ask for an update but the last reply was I received was "Lots of people are ordering so we cant say when"

Comment

Well as you bought on line as a consumer the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 work in your favour and you can cancel your order anytime between ordering and up to two weeks after the goods are delivered https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/.../contents/made

Comment

That's great news Des thanks for the help, hopfully it will turn up any day now.

Comment

Sorry, I am a bit confused, you ask if you can cancel the order, then state "hopefully it will turn up any day now" ?.

Comment

Archie what is there to be confused about buddy? .. I've bought something and told before buying that I would receive it within a set time period, after a 2 week period of no contact I have had to contact the company and asked for an update to be told there is no update as they have no idea, and now as the delivery time has lapsed I just wanted to know my rights if I have to ask for a refund!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X