• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi A4 Automatic - Gearbox Malfunction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, get the report from the garage which said the injectors have not been changed

Comment

Yes he has took photographs of them they are all rusty.
      The dealership were i bought the car from wont return anymore emails, they will not provide me with the paperwork for the repairs they allegedly carried out. Im now sat here with no vehicle because it isnt drivable and im £4,300 down and to repair it it will cost £3,000,00*

Comment

Your options depend on the responses to posts regarding the amount of time the vehicle was with the repairers.
        Your position is a lot stronger and easier to argue if you can get within the first six months.

Comment

No it was with them a couple of days at the most and I have had the car 27 weeks so Im about 3 weeks out.*

Comment

If you can't get within the 6 month period your task will be a lot harder.
            When did you take delivery of the car
            In post 1 you say you bought it 25th July
            in post* 9 you say you bought it 17th July

If outside the six month period you will have to prove the car was unsatisfactory when you purchased it.
            In this case you will need to show it was unsatisfactory on the basis of durability i.e. did not last long enough as a gear box should last longer than 6 months

Obtain a written report from the garage that said the injectors had not been changed

Comment

Sorry yes I bought the car on the 25th July.*
              Im going to get an engineers report and see what they say*

Comment

If you purchased on 25th july the six months was up on 25th January.
                Not sure exactly when you gave notice of rejection (could have been verbally before you sent the first email) but if the car was with them for repair for a total of a few days you could still be within the 6 month time limit.

Comment

That would give me a leeway of 8 days. I took it back to them for the third time on the 2nd February 2020. *That means for the repairs they would have to had to have had the car for 8 days and I cannot remember how long in total they had the car for. I have requested and requested the paperwork for the car for the repairs they have said they carried out and they will not provide it to me.

Comment

Oh well, wait for the engineer's report

Comment

Thanks for info, I am also wanna buy car the same way

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X