• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can not withdraw money from PayPal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not withdraw money from PayPal

My son opened a PayPal account to sell some of his things, he sold an item that someone immediately opened a case on saying they hadn’t received the item, we added the tracking and PayPal closed the case, now the buyer re opened a case saying not as described but I believe this is through their credit card so the £90 is held and PayPal day this can take 180 days to decide! . Now my son has been told he isn’t old enough for PayPal as he’s under 18 so cannot use PayPal to send or receive money but can withdraw his money into his own bank account, I have tried this but PayPal say the bank account he’s using isn’t compatible with PayPal (NatWest savings) so I tried to add my account and as soon as I did this the account is unusable, comes up cannot use PayPal and won’t be able to get the money for 180 days! This is £300 not including the held funds of £90. Any advice on how I can get my sons money? Surely PayPal don’t have a right to just keep this money.*
    Tags: None

Try going back to PayPal ask to speak to one of the managers, that your son needs to gain his money, this is one of the problems with E Bay you make a genuine sale the buyer objects (finds a fault) stops payment as in your case, you have no option but to repay the buyer, and* to add to the punishment you have to pay for the return, it has been my misfortune to have to happen to me, even though what I sold was as described. *

Comment

Tell me about it, PayPal are a law unto themselves and eBay too.
      I made a claim against eBay last time I had a similar problem and got a CCJ against them by default as they ignored it.
      I was disappointed their solicitors acted quickly and paid me as I would have taken great delight in sending enforcement agents to their offices.

Comment

I’ve phoned them and had a moan, apparently they are letting us transfer into my own PayPal but we will see. Really wish I could close my PayPal as they do as they please but it’s difficult to buy and sell safely with so many scammers in the world*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X